President of Local Investigates UPS Member Concerns

stink219

Stink...you are clueless...so yes, please throw out more "facts". Give us another cereal analogy to entertain us all.

I'll provide you a template for your next post:

Hey (insert name) Flip Flop Fred got yelled at once at the Convention. He didn't stand up at the two-man. Flip Flop is a back stabber. TDU. Hall is God. Where are my Lucky Charms?

Actually Stink is right on as usual. The paperwork to the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service is not necessary to negotiate nor strike against any employer. It is simply a notice to them that a contract will be reopened and their services could possibly be requested. The organization has NO authority over either party involved in the negotiations and are generally only used to mediate as a last and final option if a contract negotiation has failed multiple times. Even if they are called upon their OPINIONS are not forced upon anyone involved and can be accepted or declined by either party. Therefore the form 7 has no bearing on the right to strike not only in this case but in any case.

Fred is trying to formulate his exit strategy. Grandstand how pissed he is and how his local would go on strike if they could but they can't because Hall screwed up. Sorry Freddy, think up a new one!!
Thank you. Your post should get a standing ovation! Nice work.

stink219

Stink...you are clueless...so yes, please throw out more "facts". Give us another cereal analogy to entertain us all.

I'll provide you a template for your next post:

Hey (insert name) Flip Flop Fred got yelled at once at the Convention. He didn't stand up at the two-man. Flip Flop is a back stabber. TDU. Hall is God. Where are my Lucky Charms?
Some one doesn't like the truth? So you go Na Nana Boo Boo?

Not so fast with the standing ovulation Stank. Maybe you and the Green Grocer should read this case:

UNITED FURNITURE WORKERS OF AMERICA, AFL-CIO and Local 270, United Furniture Workers of America, AFL-CIO, Petitioners, v. NATIONAL LABOR RELATIONS BOARD, Respondent
No. 17961
UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA CIRCUIT
336 friend.2d 738; 118 U.S. App. D.C. 350; 1964 U.S. App. LEXIS 5688; 55 L.R.R.M. 2990; 49 Lab. Cas. (CCH) P18,897

Last edited by a moderator:

stink219

Not so fast with the standing ovulation Stank. Maybe you and the Green Grocer should read this case:

UNITED FURNITURE WORKERS OF AMERICA, AFL-CIO and Local 270, United Furniture Workers of America, AFL-CIO, Petitioners, v. NATIONAL LABOR RELATIONS BOARD, Respondent
No. 17961
UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA CIRCUIT
336 friend.2d 738; 118 U.S. App. D.C. 350; 1964 U.S. App. LEXIS 5688; 55 L.R.R.M. 2990; 49 Lab. Cas. (CCH) P18,897

And what about this case on a 2 day negotiation of a local contract in 1964 are you trying to point out?