President Trump says Amazon CEO bought Washington post for politcal inffluence

oldngray

nowhere special
original.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
All they need now is a caption showing Lady Liberty following Romney's lead and dropping to her knees for "the Donald".

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Trump has said before that he wants to reign in the hateful media that say bad things about him.

Is this so far fetched?
That is not what he said.

Why do you lie?

You don't have much ammo to use if you don't twist what Trump says, do you?

He said he wants to make it easier to sue the media when they put out false information.

Big difference from what you claimed in your post.

BrownArmy

That is not what he said.

Why do you lie?

You don't have much ammo to use if you don't twist what Trump says, do you?

He said he wants to make it easier to sue the media when they put out false information.

Big difference from what you claimed in your post.

I'm not sure there's anything wrong with our current libel laws.

Trumps' own words:

"One of the things I'm going to do if I win... I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money," Trump said during a rally in Fort Worth, Texas.

"We're going to open up those libel laws so when The New York Times writes a hit piece, which is a total disgrace, or when the Washington Post, which is there for other reasons, writes a hit piece, we can sue them and win money instead of having no chance of winning because they're totally protected," he said. "We're going to open up libel laws and we're going to have people sue you like you've never got sued before
."

First of all, there are no Federal Libel laws, libel suits are handled in State courts, but you knew that.

If the NYT or the Washington Post knowingly and intentionally wrote something false about Trump, he could and would sue and win.

That's not what he's screaming about.

He's upset because he's a baby - he loses his mind when people write things about him that he disagrees with. Not false things, not libelous things, just facts that pierce his gold-plated veneer of bullchit.

He once tried to sue a journalist who had simply written about certain business dealings that Trump had. Nothing false, but Trump got butt-hurt because the truth made him look bad.

Trump wants to weaken the 1st amendment - another page out of his fascist-wannabe playbook.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I'm not sure there's anything wrong with our current libel laws.

Trumps' own words:

"One of the things I'm going to do if I win... I'm going to open up our libel laws so when they write purposely negative and horrible and false articles, we can sue them and win lots of money," Trump said during a rally in Fort Worth, Texas.

"We're going to open up those libel laws so when The New York Times writes a hit piece, which is a total disgrace, or when the Washington Post, which is there for other reasons, writes a hit piece, we can sue them and win money instead of having no chance of winning because they're totally protected," he said. "We're going to open up libel laws and we're going to have people sue you like you've never got sued before
."

First of all, there are no Federal Libel laws, libel suits are handled in State courts, but you knew that.

If the NYT or the Washington Post knowingly and intentionally wrote something false about Trump, he could and would sue and win.

That's not what he's screaming about.

He's upset because he's a baby - he loses his mind when people write things about him that he disagrees with. Not false things, not libelous things, just facts that pierce his gold-plated veneer of bullchit.

He once tried to sue a journalist who had simply written about certain business dealings that Trump had. Nothing false, but Trump got butt-hurt because the truth made him look bad.

Trump wants to weaken the 1st amendment - another page out of his fascist-wannabe playbook.
I agree with Trump.