Presidential Candidacy

govols019

You smell that?
govols019,
This is probably considered to be a personal attack. Tieguy is expressing a personal opinion about the current choices for President coming up in the next Election. He did not insult you.
And I expressed my opinion that making up names to call Presidential candidates was childish. It's not an insult when it's the truth.

I knew he could do better than that as his last post showed.

govols019

You smell that?
Looks pretty accurate to me! What's not grown up about it??:happy-very:

In addition to that Ron Paul thinks we had 911 coming because he'd be willing to just let terrorism proliferate the entire globe..

Just an observation hope it's not too childish for you to comprehend!

What he said was that they attacked us here because we are over there. Not a hard concept to grasp.

govols019

You smell that?
Edwards ? you southern boys like him. I don't think he sells very well anywhere else. comes across as insincere and downright mean. probably a great labor guy. Talks the talk about the rich get richer while he lives in that palatial estate of his. Did I hear right ? 22000 square feet in that monster? why does anyone need a house that big?

I've never noticed anything mean about him. If anything he comes across as effeminate.

I also see nothing wrong with having a big house or overpaying for a haircut. Those things make no difference to me.

tieguy

Banned
I also see nothing wrong with having a big house or overpaying for a haircut. Those things make no difference to me.

If his message to america was that he intended to make and spend as much money as possible then I would tend to agree.

however when he speaks of fighting corporate greed and bemoans the rich getting richer while living in a house that has over 22,000 square feet then that becomes a contradiction to his message.

Overpaying for a haircut and a house shows me that the man does not know the value of a dollar or how to be fisically responsible. Remember that this person will be spending our tax dollars. The guy that thinks its fair to spend 500 bucks for a haircut is the guy that will spend the same for a toilet seat.

Al Gore talking about the environment and conserving natural resources while he needs a small power plant to supply the power his house uses was another terrific contradiction.

Politicians tend to sell you a message. You then have to look at their actions to see if they are sincere.

tieguy

Banned
So, you really think calling them silly little names is an adult thing to do?

In fact I do. My style of description used is a common one used here many times by many others. You only found fault with that style of writing when I employed it. Your bias in providing this unprovoked flame was clearly displayed.

Last edited:
What he said was that they attacked us here because we are over there. Not a hard concept to grasp.
Your right that, that is not a hard concept to grasp. It's just not true. We were attacked over here because OBL wanted to show the infidels of the world that he could do it and get away with it. HE wanted to show the Muslims of the world what was supposed to happen to all infidels.

magoo57

Tie, I have two quibbles about your description of the candidates.
Edwards, you said, that Southerners might prefer him. I would remind you that in '04 he couldn't even bring his home state of North Carolina into the 'blue' column.
And as for Hillary having so much experience because she was First Lady for 8 years. I have one situation to ask you about:
She has as much experience being president as the wife of a surgeon has in a surgical situation. But she ain't gonna cut on me!

tieguy

Banned
Tie, I have two quibbles about your description of the candidates.
Edwards, you said, that Southerners might prefer him. I would remind you that in '04 he couldn't even bring his home state of North Carolina into the 'blue' column.
And as for Hillary having so much experience because she was First Lady for 8 years. I have one situation to ask you about:
She has as much experience being president as the wife of a surgeon has in a surgical situation. But she ain't gonna cut on me!

I agree about the surgery. I think the presidents job can be somewhat over rated. The president sorrounds theirselves with top advisers. Her husband would be another. You could actually do a credible job as president just by listening to your advisers as long as you pick the right ones.

govols019

You smell that?
Your right that, that is not a hard concept to grasp. It's just not true. We were attacked over here because OBL wanted to show the infidels of the world that he could do it and get away with it. HE wanted to show the Muslims of the world what was supposed to happen to all infidels.

I don't buy that argument that he did it just because he could but I will concede the point that he could do it and get away with it. So far, he has.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
effiminate in Edwards, I agree.
I think we need someone who looks strong, not just good.
Im not real impressed with any of the front runners. And I could not with good conscience vote for any of the democrats.
I dont like Juliani, sorry More, but he reminds me of the guy on south park, and while he has done great thing with and for NYC, I dont see him as presidential. Romney looks presidential, but he seems to get tripped up easily. Thompson isnt pretty but I liked him on Paul Harvey, and on the debate when he wouldnt play, raise your hand.
Ron Paul on everything but the military, and Mcain, Im thinking hes getting too old, but other than disagreeing with waterboarding, and some other views, I could live with most of them.
Huckabee on fair tax, leans me that way, but its early, and really too early to do more than wonder, what we will actually get in 08.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Last I heard McCain was gaining ground and Huckabee is liked by the people, but not by the newspapers.

I think Romney is presidential looking, but so was Michael Douglas in American President.

I'm still up in the air, but it will be a Republican.

wkmac

Who do you think UPS (or the Teamsters) will endorse for the 2008 Presidential Race?

I could be wrong but I don't think UPS has ever endorsed (at least in a public way) a Presidential candidate. Now that said, they do contribute via the UPS PAC to political campaigns and I'd bet they do like most large corp. concerns and contribute to both sides but a tad bit more to the one they really want. In that sense they are no different than the next guy down the street IMO.

As for the Teamsters, about the same but IMO they can be more upfront where they can actually endorse candidates. UPS has to be careful in that for one if they put all their eggs in one basket and loose, it could cost them when and if legislation comes about and they have no grease on the wheel. Plus UPS must consider the fact of what it's customers think and how they might perceive UPS is they publically advanced a specific political side or candidate. Teamsters are in posiition that the only folks they have to really worry about is the members and I honestly think when it comes to politics, this is not a concern.

As to who the IBT will back? In the 80's they backed the repubs. to a certain degree because to be honest they held the political upperhand and in the 90's it seemed kinda back and forth. Nobody sees at this point the Congress changing back so from that perspective it's a democrat hold, maybe a gain or 2 here and there but a hold no less. I think the IBT will publically endorse the democrat nominee because of the obvious political leverage in the Congress but I'd not be surprised to learn of some backroom wheel greasing to the repubs to hedge any bets. Let me also say this about the Congress, their poll numbers are the lowest in the history of the body so when the voter walks into that voting both, there's no telling what will come out so we could all be in a shock come the first Wednesday morning in Nov. 08' in that regard. General population are united in unhappiness with the Congress and I think both sides get equal blame as it should be!

Our gov't has become a commodity to be bought and sold to the highest bidder and we'll see UPS and the IBT in that mix. Where UPS and the IBT become political bedfellows is where it concerns FedEx and this is no surprise to any of us and to be honest, for our own selfish reasons we want this. No facts to back this, just gut feeling but I'd say that both UPS and the IBT are where they can, working the corridors of power, to put the screws to FredEx. Fred's mistake IMO was that he threw all his marbles in with the repubs. and as it relates to Congressional power, he's on a slippery slope so to speak. UPS to some degree did the same but the IBT has enough history with the democrats that they can grant UPS certain bonifides to get them in the game should the democrats control it all.

JMO.

BTW: Good Question Blackbox!

brazenbrown

So, in your opinion they had every right to fly commericial airliners filled with Americans into the World Trade Center filled with Americans because we were over there, great, I get it now.

I see just wanted see if I could possibly understand or rather grasp your tit for tat logic..

Exactly what damage were we inflicting on September 11, 2001 over there that in your opinion warranted this type of barbaric terrorist attack??

tieguy

Banned
Going overboard would mean that I said something about you that was untrue. I didn't.

No alibis were made. I said it and I meant it.

Again you try to alibi it. Its a blatant unprovoked flame. I'm sorry that you're having such a hard time understanding that point. I hope you'll get over it. Though I have to admit the more you try to defend your post the more enjoyment I get out of this:happy-very:

By the way thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your opinion with me. I truly feel enriched by the experience.