Presidential Debate

moreluck

golden ticket member
I did watch the debate. It was amazing to me that Hillary held her composure for 97% of the time.
There were missed opportunities by both candidates.

The Trump sniffles were a distraction to me....definitely dry, so antihistamines were involved. I was looking for a coughing fit by Hilary.

I think it was pretty much of a draw.........I already know who I'm voting for and this changed nothing.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
whats the matter morelock, you had to start a separate thread on the same subject to avoid the obvious outcome of the debate?

MERGE.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It would seem to me that Hillary would have to beat Trump really badly to have any effect.
No one expects Trump to do well and everyone has been listening to Hilary give speeches for 30 years ... she should be good at debates.
These two are such well known commodities, I don't see the debates changing peoples votes much ... either way.

No merging ... the other thread title dissuades open honest discussion.

Last edited:

newfie

agreed these debates are queen of marksbury rules versus street fighter. each can be successful fighting their way and still not change the overall vote by much.

bbsam

Staff member
It would seem to me that Hillary would have to beat Trump really badly to have any effect.
No one expects Trump to do well and everyone has been listening to Hilary give speeches for 30 years ... she should be good at debates.
These two are such well known commodities, I don't see the debates changing peoples votes much ... either way.

No merging ... the other thread title dissuades open honest discussion.
Someone on Morning Joe suggested it might have some effect on Gary Johnson voters. When it becomes obvious that Johnson is going nowhere (not even Allepo now that he knows where it is) they will find Clinton somewhat more acceptable through the debates. That is something to consider. On election day, Johnson isn't going to pull 9%.

Someone on Morning Joe suggested it might have some effect on Gary Johnson voters. When it becomes obvious that Johnson is going nowhere (not even Allepo now that he knows where it is) they will find Clinton somewhat more acceptable through the debates. That is something to consider. On election day, Johnson isn't going to pull 9%.
I listened to it too. Lots of mud slinging, no facts.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
This Allepo crap again lol.
You think the majority of people who are going to vote for Clinton or Trump know anything about Allepo? Johnson isn't going to get 9%, because on election day, millions of people are going to go into a booth and choose the (R) or the (D). It has nothing to do with him, or clinton, or trump.

bbsam

Staff member
This Allepo crap again lol.
You think the majority of people who are going to vote for Clinton or Trump know anything about Allepo? Johnson isn't going to get 9%, because on election day, millions of people are going to go into a booth and choose the (R) or the (D). It has nothing to do with him, or clinton, or trump.
No. I don't think they do. I do think a candidate for president should though. i can't imagine Ross Perot being that out of touch when he ran.

So on election day these R's and D's will arrive home. So what kind of fantasy are they living today?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
No. I don't think they do. I do think a candidate for president should though. i can't imagine Ross Perot being that out of touch when he ran.

So on election day these R's and D's will arrive home. So what kind of fantasy are they living today?
When you say fantasy, are you talking about third party voters?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What do you think @Jones

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
well if you concede that they are eventually just going with an R or D anyway...yes.
I don't think many will change their vote preference, I think the polling is flawed/not designed for 3 or 4 choices.

I also don't think third party voters have any fantasy about winning. It's more about actually having a say in the politics of your country, libertarians have had a huge influence on the GOP in the last decade. If I wanted to be on the winning side I'd just vote for Clinton. I hope this election is a wake up call for the neocons but I doubt it will be.