Presidential hopefuls for 2016

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
They're pretty much like everyone else in that regard, religion has very little to do with it.

That's why I didn't understand why some were trying to make an issue out of it in the last election. Even Al Gore's network was airing material that suggested it was bad that Romney was Mormon.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
In my opinion Mormons by and large are very upstanding citizens.
Having lived in Utah twice and Idaho, I find them to be "the salt of the earth". They are trained well when young.....CTR was one program that was around when I lived there.

IMO the religious training is what contributes to them being upright adult citizens.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Having lived in Utah twice and Idaho, I find them to be "the salt of the earth". They are trained well when young.....CTR was one program that was around when I lived there.

IMO the religious training is what contributes to them being upright adult citizens.

What is CTR?

island1fox

Nobody is talking about his ability on working on brains, are you on the schedule? What I am talking about is his "DOPEY" tax plan that the GOP is trying to use to make him a talking point hero with you people.

His plan is WORTHLESS without the COMPLETE closure of ALL the tax loopholes currently in the tax code. He said it HIMSELF. You give him credit because he voiced this opinion in front of our current president at a prayer breakfast, and somehow that elevates him to presidential material?

I'd call that pretty DOPEY.

Dr Carson's experience with tax reform is about the same as YOURS, and you my friend, couldnt solve the problem either.

But heck, if you want another candidate who hasnt a shot at winning, then by all means, invest your time in promoting Dr Carson and Marco Rubio.

Maybe in another 8 years, you figure out your mistakes.

peace

TOS

TOS,

You and Obama are not solving much either.

Just makes me laugh --you --feel so SUPERIOR to a Brain Surgeon --pretty full of yourself

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
TOS,

You and Obama are not solving much either.

Just makes me laugh --you --feel so SUPERIOR to a Brain Surgeon --pretty full of yourself

I feel superior to the brain surgeon when it comes to the tax code and the people who DONT want to change it. YOU on the other hand, just accept the facade that is placed in front of you and run with it, without understanding the circumstances of the subject he is talking about.

He stated that his simple tax plan could fix everything, yet, he mutters that in order for it to work, ALL tax loop holes have to be CLOSED.

But in fact, thats the same position president OBAMA is currently taking with the budget issue. Closing the LOOPHOLES raises revenues for the goverment and its the GOP who refuses to do such a thing.

SO, in other words, Dr Carsons idea would be DEAD ON ARRIVAL in the GOP congress and therefore its a dopey idea.

To you, he sounds like a genious, but then again, look who he's speaking too.

Peace

TOS

island1fox

Yeah. Tell me the Buffet story again.

Where is the TOTAL TAX REFORM ??? President Obama ?? FIFTH YEAR !!!

Or even just a BUDGET ???

menotyou

bella amicizia
Yeah. Tell me the Buffet story again.

Where is the TOTAL TAX REFORM ??? President Obama ?? FIFTH YEAR !!!

Or even just a BUDGET ???
If only they would do one flat tax straight across the board, with NO refunds. I am sick of watching the baby machines getting $20,000 end of the year bonanza.

island1fox

If only they would do one flat tax straight across the board, with NO refunds. I am sick of watching the baby machines getting $20,000 end of the year bonanza.

menotyou,

Complete tax reform is something President Obama should have done in his first term --instead of making repetitive speeches about Buffet and "the rich have to pay their fair share"

The class warfare has gotten old and most intelligent people realize that if you take ALL the money the rich make --you will still not solve the financial mess. Jobs must be created --the more money you take from the creators of jobs --the mess will get worse.

A totally revamped tax code ---Eliminating all tax loopholes and lowering the burden on the middle class along with punitive taxes on companies outsourcing and -not a loophole --but a lower corporate tax for all companies that manufacture in the U.S.

WHEN will Obama present a TOTAL TAX REFORM BILL ??? Fifth year --still playing politics: Sequester idea came from Obama and the White House --now Obama claims it is a disaster ---He should look in the mirror.

Govern and Lead --Stop the campaign speeches !!

TOS is either uninformed or dishonest --you can judge. Tos has screamed at the Republican/Ryan Budgets--Obama sent a Budget to the Senate---Harry Reid for the past FOUR years has not had a Senate budget proposal --and will not allow a vote on the Houses budget.

THE DEMOCRAT CONTROLLED SENATE -

menotyou

bella amicizia
menotyou,

Complete tax reform is something President Obama should have done in his first term --instead of making repetitive speeches about Buffet and "the rich have to pay their fair share"

The class warfare has gotten old and most intelligent people realize that if you take ALL the money the rich make --you will still not solve the financial mess. Jobs must be created --the more money you take from the creators of jobs --the mess will get worse.

A totally revamped tax code ---Eliminating all tax loopholes and lowering the burden on the middle class along with punitive taxes on companies outsourcing and -not a loophole --but a lower corporate tax for all companies that manufacture in the U.S.

WHEN will Obama present a TOTAL TAX REFORM BILL ??? Fifth year --still playing politics: Sequester idea came from Obama and the White House --now Obama claims it is a disaster ---He should look in the mirror.

Govern and Lead --Stop the campaign speeches !!

TOS is either uninformed or dishonest --you can judge. Tos has screamed at the Republican/Ryan Budgets--Obama sent a Budget to the Senate---Harry Reid for the past FOUR years has not had a Senate budget proposal --and will not allow a vote on the Houses budget.

THE DEMOCRAT CONTROLLED SENATE -
island1fox,

I think(I am not an expert)--

15% personal flat tax no loop-holes.
25% Corporate tax- no loop holes.
100% tax on outsourcing.
We have to revamp how the government shops, as well. In that, I mean, how we buy toilets, cars, stuff like that. And, if it isn't already a directive, we must buy American Made.

There are many more issues, but this would be a huge start. And, God please, do away with SSI. Not SSD or SSR, but Supplemental Security Income.

island1fox

island1fox,

I think(I am not an expert)--

15% personal flat tax no loop-holes.
25% Corporate tax- no loop holes.
100% tax on outsourcing.
We have to revamp how the government shops, as well. In that, I mean, how we buy toilets, cars, stuff like that. And, if it isn't already a directive, we must buy American Made.

There are many more issues, but this would be a huge start. And, God please, do away with SSI. Not SSD or SSR, but Supplemental Security Income.

mentyou,

I will also not claim to be an expert like some other people do.

You made a PROPOSAL--much more than our President has done. !!!

island1fox

Some "wiggle" is always good !

It is the ART of negotiation. Something I believe you could teach to our President.

Maybe it is time for a female President --the Right female for the job !!