Press Conference on Friday morn

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by WSJreader, May 15, 2009.

1. WSJreader

WSJreader New Member

Press Conference Fri morn from SDF hangar. Tune to FOX. Will we buy CSX Rail? Also 80 new lay-offs for mechs and related.
  2. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

Now that would be interesting.
  3. tieguy

tieguy Banned

CSX? Phew be a lot of heartache cleaning that bunch up.

which friday are we talking about?

BLACKBOX Life is a Highway...

Any link? Nothing on FOX.
  5. spif91

spif91 Member

6. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

uh, probably meant Union Pacific ;p
  7. loserupser

loserupser Two minute Therapist

Troll allert!!!!!!
    We have a troll!!!:peaceful:
  8. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

But you see trolls everywhere...
  9. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

"I see troll people. They're everywhere. And they don't even know they're trolls..."
  10. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

Haley Joel Over9five !!:wink2:
  11. bluehdmc

bluehdmc Well-Known Member

Sure this guy isn't a feeder driver? This rumor belongs in the same list as "UPS is buying FEDEX ground."
    I was told once by a management person, that if UPS could they would by a railroad by anti trust regulations would prevent it.
  12. tieguy

tieguy Banned

I could be wrong but I don't see how its any different then buying a frieght company. Question would be can we keep the railroad we buy profitable when most of the loads moved are ours.
  13. airbusfxr

airbusfxr New Member

I think the press conf will be Tues morn.
  14. airbusfxr

airbusfxr New Member

The WSJ articles are about the FDX lawsuit, FAA Reautho Bill, UPSCO mechanic layoffs, and DHL deal can you provide link?
  15. Old International

Old International Now driving a Sterling

Why would there be anti trust problems if UPS bought a railroad? Union Pacific owned Overnight, Norfolk Southern owned North American. CSX owns a barge Line. NS owns Triple Crown, and I pass their trucks every night. If UPS was going to buy a railroad- I wouldn't buy CSX. CSX has too many problems with the Childrens fund of Great Britain.
  16. AirTechSpec

AirTechSpec New Member

Probably a pump-n-dump scam.
  17. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I have no idea what UPS would do with a railroad.......part of a sixty trailer "set".
  18. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

Although the govt. probably wouldn't have a problem with UPS buying YRC for pocket change. Just to sure up their $2 billion pension obligation. Lookout central states participants, UPS' buyout probably saved the company from heading down the GM path.
  19. slantnosechevy

slantnosechevy Active Member

The main reason UPS put more freight on trucks and less on rail a few years ago is because the railroads wouldn't jump when UPS told them to. Railroads gave them fits at CACH Hub in Chicago. Buying CSX would eleminate that problem but would mean a lot less feeder jobs in time. Ups is CSX's largest customer. UPS also has a high theft problem on rail. UPS has an overhead cable system for the trailers that LP says works but haven't implemented it on all trailers yet. I met a LP guy from CSX who told me most of UPS thefts are inside jobs.
  20. Livin the Dream?

Livin the Dream? Disillusioned UPSer

UPS should buy Quizznos - that would just throw everyone off.