Press Conference on Friday morn

brett636

UPS should buy Quizznos - that would just throw everyone off.

I disagree subway has much better food. Plus there is a subway within walking distance of my house and we can negotiate free subs into the next contract so I can pickup my 12" spicy italian with the works as I head into work. :woohoo:

If I haven't figured out how to pack a box for shipping by now, I'd be better off just taking it where is goes in my pickup. I go online to arrange for shipping ( UPS internet shipping) and take the package into work with me the next day. Simple and the cheapest method.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Actually, there is an even cheaper method, although I wouldn't recommend it. We had a driver who thought he would be save a few pennies so he "borrowed" a tracking label from a customer's pickup book, affixed it to his package, and it went on it's way. The only way anyone found out about it was the pkg was damaged and RTS and the shipper called UPS so this driver lost an $70-80K job over roughly $18. Stupid.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
Actually, there is an even cheaper method, although I wouldn't recommend it. We had a driver who thought he would be save a few pennies so he "borrowed" a tracking label from a customer's pickup book, affixed it to his package, and it went on it's way. The only way anyone found out about it was the pkg was damaged and RTS and the shipper called UPS so this driver lost an $70-80K job over roughly $18. Stupid.

Back in the day I heard of a center manager that would use ASD's and ship letters to a college where he was taking night classes. He ended up loosing his $125K job over $11 letters.

Very Stupid!