Pretrip

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
To all,

I have recently observed many employees acting dishonest and unsafe by failing to properly pre trip/post trip their vehicles, including but not limited to tractors, package cars, and trailers.

A driver has been terminated here, claiming ICC forced him back into service.

For discussion:

Do you always complete your pre trips the way you were trained? If not, why? If not, what do you leave off/ add? You can PM me if you wish to not participate here.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
LOL I hardly ever pre trip and I NEVER post trip. If someone is in the building watching, then I will pre trip, other than that I will not. If I notice a warning light or buzzer or anything obvious I'll swing by the shop before leaving the property. Other than that, I'm sure it's fine for the day.

I don't do it because I'm in a hurry in the morning, and TBH, I just don't really care.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

LOL I hardly ever pre trip and I NEVER post trip. If someone is in the building watching, then I will pre trip, other than that I will not. If I notice a warning light or buzzer or anything obvious I'll swing by the shop before leaving the property. Other than that, I'm sure it's fine for the day.

I don't do it because I'm in a hurry in the morning, and TBH, I just don't really care.

I suggest that you change that attitude before making the move to feeders.

Resident know-it-all.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert

I hope this post was written in an attempt to be comical.

Future

Victory Ride
To all,

I have recently observed many employees acting dishonest and unsafe by failing to properly pre trip/post trip their vehicles, including but not limited to tractors, package cars, and trailers.

A driver has been terminated here, claiming ICC forced him back into service.

For discussion:

Do you always complete your pre trips the way you were trained? If not, why? If not, what do you leave off/ add? You can PM me if you wish to not participate here.
What are you God??? To all?? let me ask you a question did you wipe the mgt scum off your face today?

CHALLY9TX

If everyone in our building did a proper pretrip no one would get out on time and we'd have late air. Post trip is easier to get done. I do it while fueling up.

Sent using BrownCafe App

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I wonder how Tracy Morgan is doing?

Resident know-it-all.

How would I know that?

I realize you're tryint to compare me to the driver of the Wal-Mart truck that tried to kill his career him (His career is already dead). That driver fell asleep, is sleep part of ones pre trip? Last I checked it was not.

I have been fortunate enough, however that every time I do a pre trip, I find something pretty wrong and it has to be fixed before I leave. They're usually pretty big problems.

MaceFremonti

22 years in package I NEVER did a pretrip....now in Feeders I routinely tell dispatch I cannot take a tractor because something is wrong with it.

I was never afraid of nor respected the equipment in package. When I first went into Feeders I made the conscious decision to completely leave everything about the package way of life/pace behind.

Sent using BrownCafe App

BrownArmy

I'm a cover driver, so I pre and post trip all the package cars I'm in.

Really guys, pre-trip takes about 90 seconds, post-trip less so because you've been in the truck all day.

Sorry bid-drivers, you're lazy on your vehicle inspection - I write small and simple things up all the time.

If something goes wrong, it's likely to go wrong out on the road, in which case you amend the DVIR that you filled out in the morning.

You did fill it out in the morning, right?

The $5,000 fine that the DOT will levy on you (0.000001% chance) will, I repeat, will not be covered by your Center.

(If you think the 0.000001% chance can't happen to you, think again).

Y'all know you get paid while you're pre-tripping the vehicle, right?

PRE-TRIP your vehicle, it's not only your responsibility in the eyes of UPS, it's your responsibility in the eyes of the DOT.

(Guess which one will friend you harder...)