Pretrip

Indecisi0n

I'm a cover driver, so I pre and post trip all the package cars I'm in.

Really guys, pre-trip takes about 90 seconds, post-trip less so because you've been in the truck all day.

Sorry bid-drivers, you're lazy on your vehicle inspection - I write small and simple things up all the time.

If something goes wrong, it's likely to go wrong out on the road, in which case you amend the DVIR that you filled out in the morning.

You did fill it out in the morning, right?

The $5,000 fine that the DOT will levy on you (0.000001% chance) will, I repeat, will not be covered by your Center.

(If you think the 0.000001% chance can't happen to you, think again).

Y'all know you get paid while you're pre-tripping the vehicle, right?

PRE-TRIP your vehicle, it's not only your responsibility in the eyes of UPS, it's your responsibility in the eyes of the DOT.

(Guess which one will friend you harder...)
5 grand, chump change.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
To all,

I have recently observed many employees acting dishonest and unsafe by failing to properly pre trip/post trip their vehicles, including but not limited to tractors, package cars, and trailers.

A driver has been terminated here, claiming ICC forced him back into service.

For discussion:

Do you always complete your pre trips the way you were trained? If not, why? If not, what do you leave off/ add? You can PM me if you wish to not participate here.

What if Integrity, Upstate, and ChickenLegs were the same person?
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1405135186.629062.jpg

Sent using a Potato

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Seems like Integrity worked in the hub and became ChickenLegs when he went driving. Not the same person as Upstate though, he's too narcissistic to care much about other people failing to do proper pretrips.

I used to think Dave had a personality disorder. Now, I know he does.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1405136847.240417.jpg

Sent using a Potato

Ouch

I wonder how Tracy Morgan is doing?

Resident know-it-all.
Really, what a freaking scumbag thing to bring up In that manner. Sarcasm when their was a major accident is nothing to ask another person. I realize you do nothing wrong. US normal people have faults that people like you and all your insecurities like to point out so you feel better. I hope you don't go around sarcastically bringing up stuff like that in a sarcastic manner.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
If something goes wrong, it's likely to go wrong out on the road, in which case you amend the DVIR that you filled out in the morning.

You did fill it out right?
You're not supposed to fill it out in the morning. You're supposed to complete the previous day's by signing at the bottom after reviewing it and you can start the new one by putting the truck number, but you can't fill out that day's report until you know if you have something to write up.

Sent using BrownCafe App

TheKingOfQueens

I had a side view mirror that would get pushed in after 30mph. The easy fix was to adjust the mirror after it had already been pushed by the wind and let it be. Would this be something to report in the DVIR? It was the big mirror not the little round one which I mainly use all the time .

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I had a side view mirror that would get pushed in after 30mph. The easy fix was to adjust the mirror after it had already been pushed by the wind and let it be. Would this be something to report in the DVIR? It was the big mirror not the little round one which I mainly use all the time .

Only if you were on the route the whole week. If you were just on it for a day, then don't worry about it.

To all,

I have recently observed many employees acting dishonest and unsafe by failing to properly pre trip/post trip their vehicles, including but not limited to tractors, package cars, and trailers.

A driver has been terminated here, claiming ICC forced him back into service.

For discussion:

Do you always complete your pre trips the way you were trained? If not, why? If not, what do you leave off/ add? You can PM me if you wish to not participate here.
I'm one of the 6% who pre trips and post trips every single day. It's called doing the job.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
For you new feeder guys. Odds are very good that you will share a tractor with someone. Some guys are pickier than others. Almost all feeder drivers carry a bag with several open end wrenches for the mirrors, a minimum 10" crescent for air hoses. rolls of electrical tape, duct tape, screwdrivers, wirecutters etc. There will be times when you will be in BFE and nobody to help you. You would be expected to put forth some effort to fix something minor if you can. It aggravated me no end if the guy I shared with wrote up a loose mirror, etc. What you're saying is "I don't have time to fix it anytime during my shift, but old cap'n there has time on his pretrip to fix it and be late hitting the gate. The driver that I shared with communicated with me using post it notes in the DVIR. I'm no mechanic, and I don't take work that they should do usually, but a simple turn of a wrench can save a big delay or maybe a road call.