pretty :censored: off...

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by HotPepper, Dec 20, 2012.

1. HotPepper

HotPepper New Member

Were having a bad snowstorm. Heard nothing if our day sort was running or not its a 30 min drive for me às im out in the country side. Got to work to only have a employee tell me no work its been sent to another hub and no supervisors came in... wtf thats crap. I risked my car being ditched me spinning out into someone just to go in and turn around

Angry!!

2. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

You showed up, you get paid your guarantee.

3. HotPepper

HotPepper New Member

I didnt clock in

4. hurricanegunner

hurricanegunner UPSPoop

It doesn't matter if you clocked in or not. File for the day's pay. You earned it driving through the snow.

5. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

grieve it

6. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

Why didn't somebody make a phone call first?

7. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Ring ring. Are we working today?

8. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Phone works both ways. They should notified employees there was no work that day. Like said grieve it and get paid for your 8.

9. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

In our supplement it states that the guarantee does not apply if we are contracted prior to our shift not to report. If we are not notified and report we receive our guarantee.

10. Notretiredyet

Notretiredyet Active Member

Contracted?

11. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

I'm sure it was intentional.

12. Nimnim

Nimnim The Nim

Ideally you'd have received a call a reasonable amount of time before your shift started, an hour or more sounds fine. If you didn't though and the weather seemed bad enough you should call yourself to check. If neither was done and you show up for your shift and it's cancelled you are contractually obligated your guarantee either 3.5 or 8, or whatever your supplement may stipulate.