Pretty Cool

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U, Jun 14, 2014.

1. After reading many other posts,I forgot about many of the good things that have happened over my years at Brown. Believe it or not,they're all not bad. So I would like to share one good one with you.

A few years back, a coworker and a friend of mine,made the Circle of honor. He was a good worker (retired now). My center manager knew that we are good friends. he asked me,what do you think that he would like to do, to celebrate his day?

I said he is a pretty low key guy,just give him his award and a 6 pack of beer and he will be happy! The center manager gave me money to buy him a case of beer. (Very cool) At the PCM he gave him his award,then he took his DIAD and told him to go home! ....It was awesome! Then I told my friend to go in my car a grab the case of beer. He was shock,he really didn't know what to say!

Anyone else,having a good story to share?

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. ZQXC

ZQXC Guest

Sadly, no.
    But enjoyed reading your post.

3. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

At the risk of turning this into a how great this companies center manager's are(mine is pretty good though), upon a coworker retiring, mine ask where he liked to shop(authentic Irish shop), and went there, asked what he had been eyeing, bought it, told them to not mention it, and gave it to him at his last day little retirement party, and sent him on his way. He appreciated it quite a bit, almost didn't retire. Wait, I lied on that last part.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. sailfish

sailfish Having way too much fun.

The on-road sup bought me lunch once.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Actually yes...one of the best center manager's i ever worked with...was suddenly diagnosed with cancer ...this about 5 yrs ago. He was literally 7 months away from retirement at the time. He went out on disability and never worked another sort with us....but heStopped in a few days later to clear out his office. Primary shut down the belts in our center and we surprised him with a cake and gift card all us loaders had chipped in for. He was a good guy...he died a few months later...and the center has never run as good since he left.

6. Its real easy to remember all the bad things! That's why I come on BC,to vent! Once I get all the bad crap out of my head,Ican remember the good things! Like we get another raise Iin 6 weeks!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  7. bleedinbrown58

I keep forgetting that! Since we just got one...lol. (pats Gumby's back) Nice job, IVE! :)

8. When they have a Toys for Tots drive,or take up a collection for somebody sick or injured!....we could sure you a few more,feel good things at work!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

These stories are cool but just pisses me off reading them. Would of loved to have had my 30 years with this company to have ran 1960-1990

10. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Why not Toys For Tatas?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. bleedinbrown58

You said feeling... things at work would get me in trouble! :batman2:

12. bleedinbrown58

We prefer cash...or debit ;)

13. Times have changed!.......Look hard enough,you can find a rainbow or 2!....Besides ,If you started in1960....You would be older than. PHOTOG!...lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. My sup deonated a kidney ,to me!

15. Nope,not really!...Just being an :censored2:!...lol

16. bleedinbrown58

It was your major in college...lol

17. bleedinbrown58

IVE is right...even a giant pile of crap...at least makes the grass green!

18. Dr.Brown

Dr.Brown Swollen Member

question, Was it a paid day??

19. Yes It was!...very cool,very rare....but sometimes good things do happen at Brown!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. bleedinbrown58

Agreed it was a nice thing he did for your friend. But even a broken watch is right twice a day...lol