fact check

Yeah, I started taking these
images
3 times a day!

Can you tell a difference?

:wink2:

Keith, Don't fall for big Pharma hypes.

You of all people, should know better.

If it makes you big enuf, Tieguy might talk to you again.

He's got a mighty big hole to file, and you wouldn't be the first to try.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Keith, Don't fall for big Pharma hypes.

You of all people, should know better.

If it makes you big enuf, Tieguy might talk to you again.

He's got a mighty big hole to file, and you wouldn't be the first to try.
Just curious, but aren't both of these pictures of Obama?
They sure do look alike.

klein

Für Meno :)
This is where I agree with the "right" ones! Serious, even the left of the far left, must agree this nobel prize reward is a joke !
I know America is large and full of power, and is a powerhouse.
But, darn, I don't care if it's Obama or Bush after 8 weeks in power. No one deserves it , without major accomplishments!
The could have given it to Merkel in Germany, or some other leader in Europe for freeing former Yugoslavia. Even Canada, for all thier peacekeeping missions.
Sorry, USA (obama), you didn't deserve this one.

Nobel peace prize will never be the same.

diesel96

This is where I agree with the "right" ones! Serious, even the left of the far left, must agree this nobel prize reward is a joke !
I know America is large and full of power, and is a powerhouse.
But, darn, I don't care if it's Obama or Bush after 8 weeks in power. No one deserves it , without major accomplishments!
The could have given it to Merkel in Germany, or some other leader in Europe for freeing former Yugoslavia. Even Canada, for all thier peacekeeping missions.
Sorry, USA (obama), you didn't deserve this one.

Nobel peace prize will never be the same.

Besides this being a statement of what a bad taste the Bush's Gov't left in the world's mouth, we have the Western World's right wing agenda resurfacing again, American intervention, all up in someone else's business, discrediting their Peace Prize selection process. Maybe The West should go over to Norway an forcibly oust the 5 Norwiegens who chose this year's recipients and install a panel more to our liken..... that would solve the Peace Process once and for all, wouldn't it ? :peaceful:
Or, we could just ignore it like we said after Yasser Arafat got it, and life goes on.....

diesel96

So, it's OK to give somebody a prize because he isn't somebody else???!!! Huh???? !!!

It is OK, because, it's not a prize originated or decided by Americans....our POV's differ from Europe's, therefore lets keep our snooty little noses out of their business and worry about our own problems...

Why does this bother you so much ? Does it interfere with seeing the President fail?
Bama Bashers keep missing the point.
Look at it as a beauty contest.
For years, not so much brains and personality, but the curviest, best looking Bimbos has dominated the competition.
Along comes Ugly Betty, never entered a beauty contest and wins it with a last minute make over combined with brains, personality, and potential to represent their crown in an a never seen before, unprecedented manner.
A broad and bold statement, initiated by the judges to correct past indignations.
Of course, the participants and fans of lifelong beauty contestants with no substance, and negative representation, revolt.
Their only concern is past and current phyisical appearance, but not the baggage and the responsibility the crown's winner is supposed to carry for the rest of their lives. :princess:

moreluck

golden ticket member
It bothers me because the prize is undeserved......like the gold stars given to every student, just because. You have to work to earn.....whether it's money or awards.

I still remember that tape of the woman (right after O's election) where she said she wasn't going to have to pay her car payment or house payment anymore because B.O. was president now. That's the attitude I truly hate. I hate it when people want something for nothing. It's not racist either. Hell, Obama is half white, or do we all forget that half??

I was taught a good work ethic.......what has become of work ethic today? Everyone wants everything handed to them. I don't want the gov't. to take care of me.....I'll take care of myself.

klein

Für Meno :)
Guess Nobel isn't much worth afterall :
Nobel winner slams Bible as 'handbook of bad morals'

Mon Oct 19, 11:14 AM

LISBON (AFP) - A row broke out in Portugal on Monday after a Nobel Prize-winning author denounced the Bible as a "handbook of bad morals".

Speaking at the launch of his new book "Cain", Jose Saramago, who won the 1998 Nobel Prize for Literature, said society would probably be better off without the Bible.

Roman Catholic Church leaders accused the 86-year-old of a publicity stunt.

The book is an ironic retelling of the Biblical story of Cain, Adam and Eve's son who killed his younger brother Abel.

At the launch event in the northern Portuguese town of Penafiel on Sunday, Saramago said he did not think the book would offend Catholics "because they do not read the Bible".

"The Bible is a manual of bad morals (which) has a powerful influence on our culture and even our way of life. Without the Bible, we would be different, and probably better people," he was quoted as saying by the news agency Lusa.

Saramago attacked "a cruel, jealous and unbearable God (who) exists only in our heads" and said he did not think his book would cause problems for the Catholic Church "because Catholics do not read the Bible.

"It might offend Jews, but that doesn't really matter to me," he added.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

LISBON (AFP) - A row broke out in Portugal on Monday after a Nobel Prize-winning author denounced the Bible as a "handbook of bad morals".

Speaking at the launch of his new book "Cain", Jose Saramago, who won the 1998 Nobel Prize for Literature, said society would probably be better off without the Bible.

The book is an ironic retelling of the Biblical story of Cain, Adam and Eve's son who killed his younger brother Abel.

At the launch event in the northern Portuguese town of Penafiel on Sunday, Saramago said he did not think the book would offend Catholics "because they do not read the Bible".

"The Bible is a manual of bad morals (which) has a powerful influence on our culture and even our way of life. Without the Bible, we would be different, and probably better people," he was quoted as saying by the news agency Lusa.

Saramago attacked "a cruel, jealous and unbearable God (who) exists only in our heads" and said he did not think his book would cause problems for the Catholic Church "because Catholics do not read the Bible.

This should be a thread all by itself. I'm sure there would be enough posts that Cheryl would have to rent extra bandwidth.:surprised:

P

pickup

MarK Twain said something about the bible: "The most praised and least read book"

wkmac

Bible Problems

What I never understood is why in the judaic/semitic based religions, prayers always end with the name of an ancient Egyptian God who happens to be King of the Gods. This custom of word usage should be no surprise as it is an ancient practice and custom probably coming with them out of Egypt when these people were known by the name of Hyksos.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Bible Problems

What I never understood is why in the judaic/semitic based religions, prayers always end with the name of an ancient Egyptian God who happens to be King of the Gods. This custom of word usage should be no surprise as it is an ancient practice and custom probably coming with them out of Egypt when these people were known by the name of Hyksos.
I don't understand what you mean. Please clarify, thanks.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I don't understand what you mean. Please clarify, thanks.
There are some different hypotheses about the origin of christianity, one being that it drew a lot of it's stories and structure from some of the older religions in the middle east, like the Egyptians. I'm guessing that is what mac is referring to.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
There are some different hypotheses about the origin of christianity, one being that it drew a lot of it's stories and structure from some of the older religions in the middle east, like the Egyptians. I'm guessing that is what mac is referring to.
Thanks Jones.

wkmac

:wink2:

wkmac

I love atheists but I just wish I'd have thought of this before they did!

:happy-very:

Dear Mr. President,

I would be remiss to not offer congrats on your peace prize but it's very fact leaves me puzzled and troubled at the same time.

My trouble is the fact that over the course of time since taking office, by your hand of directive and orders, hundreds of innocent civilians have been killed as a result of these drone strikes. As a ratio to dead bad guys, we're talking in the 10's to 1 at the very least of civilians killed to 1 bad guy and yet you seemed unfazed by this.

Sir, I'd like to remind you that in 1968', a Lt. Calley was responsible for the deaths of 500 and it was your office under a previous commander in chief who lead the way of Calley be held responsible for these crimes. If we believe in the principle of "equal justice for all" as history tells of the horrors of Calley's hands, what sir will they say of yours?

Your recent position on medical marijuana was a welcomed sight and although it seemed with gator arms, your initial reaching out to talk with Iran was also a great step. However, your contnued policies across the greater Middle East leave me sad and in fact has former VP Cheney crowing that your present course is nothing more than what Bush planned in the closing days of his adminstration. I'm hard pressed to disagree at this point as much as I'd like not too.

Mr. President, whether you earned that prize or it was noble jesture in encourage you, the 2 main things you told the American people was that there would be "change" as well as "transparency" but in regards to change and your Middle East policy, I'll close by quoting producer Micheal Moore commenting on your peace prize.

"Congrats Mr. President, now earn it!"