Prime Day coming your way

moldsporh

Prime day pretty much blew for me also

I had to pack up all my crap, get the family loaded, and hit the road to end my vacacion. Figure best to beat the Friday traffic and get a good 3 days to chill at the house.

I know what weeks I'm taking off next year again....Sounded like a big cluster.

So far,no check engine light.
IMG_20150718_113714990.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I worked 12 hours yesterday. Half my truck was Amazon. Oh well, most of the packages were small and light, and we had guys work yesterday who have been laid off so they needed the hours. Our management did make what looked like an honest effort to put enough routes in. Sometimes you just have to grin and bear it.

Overpaid Union Thug

I worked over 9.5 (clocked out at 7:35) but it was my only over 9.5 for the week. Our center has the worst dispatcher in the district and the preloaders aren't much better. Otherwise I would have been off the clock by 6:30. Maybe sooner.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
There's definitely more Amazon in my truck today. It's basically how it was before Surepost took off. My problem isn't the amount of Amazon boxes though. It's the crappy load that's the problem. I'm sick of these punkass preloaders. Especially their Friday loads.

I wish they could be punished by being sent back to unloading trailers (where every preloader must start out here) whenever they consistently epically screw up. That might adjust their attitudes. But nooooo...... the union won't allow that. Instead we get to swim and did through boxes inside what is essentiality an oven on wheels because some punk has an attitude problem and knows he can't be adequately punished.
You finally figured out this union thing

Overpaid Union Thug

A very long time ago. I'm all for a union at UPS but there are definitely some holes and contradictions in the contract. Not to mention side deals and extra supplemental disparities in the locals.

Ghost in the Darkness

I noticed more Amazon on Friday than normal and we had late air because of the extra volume. I like Prime and have had it for a number of years but from what i saw the sales were terrible. I saw kindles on sale but that is about it...i have tablets anyway.
I didn't find much in tools which was where i was most interested. I was interested in a digital multimeter that was on sale but decided not to get it. Went back and looked on Friday and it was still the same price.
I think it was more hype than anything and it seems a lot of people bought into it. So i guess from a business perspective why not do it again.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I noticed more Amazon on Friday than normal and we had late air because of the extra volume. I like Prime and have had it for a number of years but from what i saw the sales were terrible. I saw kindles on sale but that is about it...i have tablets anyway.
I didn't find much in tools which was where i was most interested. I was interested in a digital multimeter that was on sale but decided not to get it. Went back and looked on Friday and it was still the same price.
I think it was more hype than anything and it seems a lot of people bought into it. So i guess from a business perspective why not do it again.

It was all about signing up new Prime members.