Prison break shatters peace in upstate New York towns By Ray Sanchez, CNN Updated 9:40 PM ET, Tue Ju

Babagounj

Strength through joy
So all the rain in the area from all those t-storms recently must have been magically sucked up and transported to California .

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

oldngray

nowhere special
There is a flood plain near me that is usually dry but you can't build houses there because it does flood periodically when the nearby creek rises above its banks. It is used as a recreational area for things like baseball and soccer and community events. Periodic flooding won't hurt those activities.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
At the upper left section (NW) is the prison. Just South and East, the area in white with the blue, grassy symbols, is wetlands/marsh.

Dannemora_O44073F6_24000_geo.jpg

We aren't talking Okeechobee here, but in this part of the country, marshy and wetland areas are extremely common in the woods.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
This is the part I can't understand maybe upstate could explain it to me .
Why is the State of NY so concerned about these two escapees , I mean look at the the man hours and personal involved yet no one is looking for the 3700 known criminals ICE has let go free to roam where ever they choose ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is the part I can't understand maybe upstate could explain it to me .
Why is the State of NY so concerned about these two escapees , I mean look at the the man hours and personal involved yet no one is looking for the 3700 known criminals ICE has let go free to roam where ever they choose ?

Good question, especially considering they denied a request for overtime to lockdown the facility after a 50 man brawl that preceded the escape.

I shudder to think how much has been spent so far and what the final total will be once this is finally over.