Prison break shatters peace in upstate New York towns By Ray Sanchez, CNN Updated 9:40 PM ET, Tue Ju

bluehdmc

Joyce Mitchell has been moved to a facility in Rensselear County due to "tensions" at Clinton County Jail; however, she is still due back in court in Plattsburgh at 8:30 Monday morning.

Her husband is now a person of interest.

A local field day scheduled for tomorrow has been cancelled due to the search.

Husband probably turned wife in, save costs in divorce, no alimony if she's locked up.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm beginning to question the ability of the local police and whoever else is involved in this search......almost 2 weeks and they haven't found either one of them.
More dogs!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm beginning to question the ability of the local police and whoever else is involved in this search......almost 2 weeks and they haven't found either one of them.
More dogs!!!

The dogs lose the scent after just a few days of dry weather and with all of the rain we had last week I'm sure it is less than that.

They have begun to relax the travel restrictions so something must be happening. Hopefully.

upschuck

They've been long gone for a while now. You get at least a five hour head start, you are not going to stick around that close to the prison.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They've been long gone for a while now. You get at least a five hour head start, you are not going to stick around that close to the prison.

Joyce Mitchell has been talking quite a bit since her arrest and arraignment. Turns out she was supposed to meet the two men at the manhole cover and then drive them 7 hours away, staying with them for a few days; however, she got cold feet and the boys ended up on foot. They were first seen on surveillance video rummaging through the dumpster behind the local Maplefield's/ Subway looking for food. That is about a mile from the jail. The nearest city (Plattsburgh) is 15 miles away. Unless they were able to somehow get a ride they are still in the area.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's been over 24 hrs without a news update from Upstate .
Hope he's all right .

I don't know if they are throwing in the towel or not but they have scaled back the search dramatically. The roadblocks are being removed and the out of town searchers are going back home.

Joyce Mitchell is in a lot more trouble than originally thought.