Probation and such..

I was hired a couple months ago as a part time package handler.

Probation is 70 days? 90 days?

I was told 70 days, and if so, then could I be fired on my 88th day? A big-head told me I was fired today but I could work one more day. So is today my last day? I'm kind of worried because there IS a lot of joking, yet this is kind of touchy for me..

What should I do? Should I go in to work tomorrow?

Sent using BrownCafe App

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Do not resign. Find a union steward and talk to him ASAP. As long as you weren't stealing you can get your job back.

Indecisi0n

Use_The_Magic_8_Ball_And_Have_Fun.jpg

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

I was told 70 days, and if so, then could I be fired on my 88th day? A big-head told me I was fired today but I could work one more day. So is today my last day? I'm kind of worried because there IS a lot of joking, yet this is kind of touchy for me..

Sent using BrownCafe App
Probation periods vary by local...Talk to a steward. Why did they fire you?

I have no idea! No :censored2:ing clue! He just told me I was fired but I don't know if he was joking or not.

Btw, thanks for helping me get up the courage to go in and ask. I think I'll ask first without a steward.. (Oh gosh, I hope I don't have to ask a steward for my job back).

And I don't steal.. But the other day the supervisor was getting on us about misleads and low pph which could result in a fire. Possible?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Dammit, that's crazy. With my potential fire and this upser getting fired and shooting people. Does this stuff ever happen to yall, or is it just a mad coincidence.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
-- Are there any issues with your job performance that you're aware off? Punctuality (call-in or tardy)? Missorts? Speed?
-- How did this "big-head" approach you? Did he call you into his office? Pull you off to the side?
-- What was his demeanor like?

Generally, UPS doesn't tell employees they're fired but can work one more day. Usually if you're fired they'll immediately walk you out of the building. And probationary employees typically aren't fired... sometimes they're told their performance was insufficient, but most often they'll get a generic 'thanks for your effort... unfortunately, we have to place you on-call... we'll call you when we need you.' There's just too much potential for you to do harm to the operation knowing you're being fired + it's your last day.

You said there's a lot of joking on your sort... most likely IMO tomorrow is the end of your probation period and the "big-head" was just kidding around.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Sent using BrownCafe App
I have no knowledge of a probationary period being 90 days. Most are 30 days in a 90 period. The odd exception seems to be the Western Region. 70 days in a six month period. This is 70 work days, not calendar days. So if your 88 days are correct, you already have your seniority, if you are in the Western Region. In the Central, Southern etc, it is 30 days and you have seniority.

What state are you in?

You can be fired, yes, but it must be for a cardinal sin. Stealing, dishonesty, drugs, etc. Sounds like this big head is just messing with you.