Probation days for new employees question?

UPSGUY72

You need to read your contract rider / supplement. Seniority issue like this will covered there. If your working in the northeast you can gain seniority in any months as long as you are hired for a permanent position the only time you can obtain seniority is when you hired as a casual to cover vacations or for temp position during peak.[/QUO

I'm in the Northeast, that's why I don't understand why the supervisor said that. My date to make book is Nov 5th. I probably average 2 mis-sorts/week, so everyday the stress builds a bit. I had a mis-load today, but have been pulling 300pph or more regularly. I simply can't wait to make union.

You need to talk to a steward and see what they say. Also read the New England supplement Article 57 (section 4) (h) and (i). Those paragraphs state when you don't gain seniority.

On a side note: i would make sure I had worked 30 days before I started to make a big deal about it. But if you want to get you ducks in a row go right ahead.

nystripe96

You need to talk to a steward and see what they say. Also read the New England supplement Article 57 (section 4) (h) and (i). Those paragraphs state when you don't gain seniority.

On a side note: i would make sure I had worked 30 days before I started to make a big deal about it. But if you want to get you ducks in a row go right ahead.

Unfortunately, the supplement states that no employee can obtain seniority between Oct 15th & Dec 31st. I'll be at 15 days left on Oct 15th. Tough news to take, but I gotta take it nonetheless

kdogg788

Any word? Are you still there? 2 missloads a weak is not bad at all. Sometimes they publish a monthly misload report with everyone's names. Those with over 10 are in bold print. A couple guys had 30 or 40 something for the month! Fortunately, I got seniority well before that cutoff date.

-k

nystripe96

I'm working yea, just can't make book till Jan, even though I'm not seasonal. Oh well, I'm holding my own pretty well, worrying less & less

kdogg788

Well actually they weren't posted, but the supervisors had a copy of the report, and we were all intrigued as to what everyone's real ratio was.

-k

klolx

Oops totally forgot about this. I'm still in and working. I think my 90 day probation is almost done. What happens after? What about the $1 raise I've been hearing about too?