Probation missing a day

Yosuke79

So my car shut down and I don't think I'll be able to make it to work. I'm on the 30 day probation and I was wondering if this would ruin my chances of keeping the job. I don't plan on missing anymore days at all and if I'm forced to I'll ride my bike up there but I was just wondering.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So my car shut down and I don't think I'll be able to make it to work. I'm on the 30 day probation and I was wondering if this would ruin my chances of keeping the job. I don't plan on missing anymore days at all and if I'm forced to I'll ride my bike up there but I was just wondering.
Then get on your bike and start pedaling.

HardknocksUPSer

Really depends on your past attendance record, work ethic, and your sups attitude toward you. I've seen someone call in sick while in their 30 day probation and they still have their job.

rod

Retired 22 years
Make up a cardboard sign that says "need to get to work" and go stand by the highway with your thumb out. At least that's what we did "back when".

tacken

I once had my car break down on the freeway. And I quote"take a cab and get to work". Ahh UPS the caring company!!!

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I once had my car break down on the freeway. And I quote"take a cab and get to work". Ahh UPS the caring company!!!

So, what do you expect them to do, come and pick you up? Take a cab, get the bus, ride a bike, hitchhike or sit on your couch and be a victim!

tacken

So, what do you expect them to do, come and pick you up? Take a cab, get the bus, ride a bike, hitchhike or sit on your couch and be a victim!
No I expect them to understand these things happen. Just as if a PC broke down. I don't have a spare to be run out to me like they due. Hey get your car fixed and come in tomorrow. Oppps that would take people skills and understanding things happen that we can not control. And how am I the victim? I got car fixed and was at work the next day. Or take a cab get done work at 9:00 pm and then how due I get car fixed? Funny UPS didn't close down for the day they covered the route. They like to make you feel like they are the victim. Well doesn't work on me.

nystripe96

You could have had family or a friend do you a solid & help get your car fixed. There are plenty of ways you could have made it to work. All you've done is given the company that seed of doubt that you're not willing to do all it takes to keep your new job

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
No I expect them to understand these things happen. Just as if a PC broke down. I don't have a spare to be run out to me like they due. Hey get your car fixed and come in tomorrow. Oppps that would take people skills and understanding things happen that we can not control. And how am I the victim? I got car fixed and was at work the next day. Or take a cab get done work at 9:00 pm and then how due I get car fixed? Funny UPS didn't close down for the day they covered the route. They like to make you feel like they are the victim. Well doesn't work on me.

Obviously a Millennial

tacken

You could have had family or a friend do you a solid & help get your car fixed. There are plenty of ways you could have made it to work. All you've done is given the company that seed of doubt that you're not willing to do all it takes to keep your new job
Hey friend its 5;30 in the morning come get me take me to work then get my car fixed so I can go to work. Yeah that's what I should of done. Oh yeah then my circle of friends work, so they should do me a solid and they miss work? Know seed of doubt cars break down, people get sick.

box_beeyotch

Hey friend its 5;30 in the morning come get me take me to work then get my car fixed so I can go to work. Yeah that's what I should of done. Oh yeah then my circle of friends work, so they should do me a solid and they miss work? Know seed of doubt cars break down, people get sick.

I agree with you but they still don't care. You could call in and say you just found out you had cancer and they would beg you to come go work anyway.