Probation period

JordanDelano

Does the 4 days I did in training count toward my probation period? And if I don't accumulate all 70 days before January will I still be laid off? I will have around 60 before Dec. 31st. Does my word days during peak season even still count?
​Thank you

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Peak season day do not count. All locals are different. Some free period starts October 1 I think. Other October 15 and some November 1. The free period now runs to January 15.

Work hard show up everyday on time and keep your mouth shut. This should keep u around awhile.

JordanDelano

I live in the western region so I believe my free period starts october 1st but does the free period end on january 15 for everyone or just your region?

BrownChoice

To make life less stressful, just come to terms with ups using and abusing you, and that if they like you, you might still have a job.. That way your "expecting the unexpected "!

HubBub

Might depend on your local sort rider, but where I am in the west there are no seasonal PT'ers. All days worked count toward your 70, including training and peak season. Once you get your 70 days you can only be laid off if everyone with less seniority than you has been laid off. In my building new hires only have to deal with being laid off for a day here and there for a couple months after peak until volume picks up and enough people have quit.

Before you have your 70 days they can pick and choose amongst probationary employees as far as who works and who is laid off.

JordanDelano

Might depend on your local sort rider, but where I am in the west there are no seasonal PT'ers. All days worked count toward your 70, including training and peak season. Once you get your 70 days you can only be laid off if everyone with less seniority than you has been laid off. In my building new hires only have to deal with being laid off for a day here and there for a couple months after peak until volume picks up and enough people have quit.
​Thanks so much. I found your response really helpful. In your region does the free period end Jan 15th too?

Before you have your 70 days they can pick and choose amongst probationary employees as far as who works and who is laid off.

Does your peak period also end Jan 15th?

Up_and_at_UPS

Coffee box sniffer
My center manager told me our free period begins Oct. 3 and goes thru the end of January. I am supposed to be back in the saddle tomorrow, we'll see come tomorrow morning.