Problem/Question with payrate

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by JoseAlvarez, Nov 11, 2015.

1. J93209

J93209 New Member

I started in December of 2014 as a loader, getting paid at 10.35 an hour. Got a raise when I went to the sort isle and now I get paid 11.35.. That is the only raise I have gotten so far. A friend of mine, got hired on the same day, loaded just as long as me and is still employed with ups. He too went to the sort isle and got a dollar raise. The only problem is that he got a .70¢ raise after working 70 days and I didn't. I know it wasn't performance based. It's definitely not seniority based as we both started on the same day. I don't understand what happened.

Is this something I should bring up to HR or am I wasting my time.
    Thanks for your replies.

2. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Hi, Jose.

Do yourself a big favor and lose the selfie and change your screen name to something anonymous.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Number24

Number24 #24

Why are you complaining about a .35 pay rate difference between you and your friend? ** Change your avatar also **

4. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Did you see his paystub? No? Then how do you know he's not lying about making more than you???

5. J93209

J93209 New Member

It's actually a .70 difference, and I don't care that there is a difference between me and him, I just want to be paid what I'm supposed to be getting paid.

*i created this account by logging in with my Facebook. Didn't think it was a big deal lmao

6. J93209

J93209 New Member

Good point. I'll ask more people if they got a raise after their 70 days of employment, before going to HR. He might be lying I guess.

7. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

Never heard of a 70 day raise. Raises are yearly unitl you get past 4 years, then they happen Aug 1. Sounds like you are getting paid properly.

8. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

It kind of is a big deal.

You really don't want anybody to know who you really are. Rumor is, corporate sometimes monitors BC.

Never the less, it is against the terms of service.

9. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I don't think it's actually Jose. I think it's his twin brother Jos-b (hose-b) disguising himself as Jose to protect his anonymity

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List