Problems in the load?

Ant12

Maybe he will slid through the cracks. There are many people like him at my hub with that attitude who got lucky and slid through the cracks.
I don't have an attitude at all in real life, but thanks. Obviously when I'm asking a simple question on a website that is suppose to nicely answer questions I'll get an attitude with those who are rude to me. Just because those at UPS with seniority can treat new employees like :censored2: at the workplace doesn't mean I'll let it happen out of the workplace. You should probably just shut up.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I don't have an attitude at all in real life, but thanks. Obviously when I'm asking a simple question on a website that is suppose to nicely answer questions I'll get an attitude with those who are rude to me. Just because those at UPS with seniority can treat new employees like :censored2: at the workplace doesn't mean I'll let it happen out of the workplace. You should probably just shut up.

I dont know what hub you work in where people with seniority bullied people with less or no seniority. I've worked in two hubs, on two shifts, and I never saw that happen to anyone. Maybe its you who is the problem.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll

I dont know what hub you work in where people with seniority bullied people with less or no seniority. I've worked in two hubs, on two shifts, and I never saw that happen to anyone. Maybe its you who is the problem.

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Maybe he will slid through the cracks. There are many people like him at my hub with that attitude who got lucky and slid through the cracks.
/pretending like it's hard to get a job at UPS. This isn't an exclusive club, it's a decent workplace with a high turnover rate. My hub (Lenexa, KS) hires half a dozen package handlers every week.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
/pretending like it's hard to get a job at UPS. This isn't an exclusive club, it's workplace with high turnover rate. My hub (Lenexa, KS) hires half a dozen package handlers every week.

Believe me, it can be hard in some areas. Let's not be naive here, how many people do you see waiting outside your hub for a part time seasonal job last year? I counted over 100.

Ant12

It doesn't happen to me...I hear it from coworkers and found its a generalization. More seniority more respect obviously. Less seniority less respect.

Ant12

you are going about it the wrong way. sup is gonna keep putting you with "lazy" workers because you can help
speed up the work rate. i know exactly how you feel but instead of complaining to management i just start talking
to the person that i'm working with. 2 things will happen either you build up a bond and work better or your sup sees that
and decides you are talking too much and moves you. by the way if they kept you that means someone saw something in you
i had 3 seasonal workers tell me they were kept because another sup told manager to keep them.
days i go to the unload, im the "old guy" but i know how to work alot safer and easier than most unloaders and sups don't
ever question my methods or work pace.
Thanks

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Believe me, it can be hard in some areas. Let's not be naive here, how many people do you see waiting outside your hub for a part time seasonal job last year? I counted over 100.
I've worked in a lot of places. Landscaping, fast food, and hardware retailers. UPS was far and away the easiest that I've ever gotten a job.

J

jibbs

We're really not supposed to do anything, though.

I mean, yeah, there's etiquette, but that's more of a guideline than a mandatory part of membership here.

Some of us are pretty much dicks. Others :censored2:s. We got a few :censored2:s too.

Some days you'll be hard-pressed to find a smile around here.

I've worked in a lot of places. Landscaping, fast food, and hardware retailers. UPS was far and away the easiest that I've ever gotten a job.

Definitely. One of the easiest jobs I've ever had on top of that, once I started getting the hang of it.

Once you know what's acceptable day-in-day-out and what's not, the job becomes pretty damn easy. Perfection's not required, there's just certain mistakes to avoid to keep management away from you most of the time.

codysho

This is how it works. If your good & happy they'll move you to change that. Ups doesn't believe a happy worker is a good worker. They like you to fear from being fired worker is a good worker. Sorry it's true. Unless you kiss major ass then they like that

Rainman

Its all good.
I'm a loader and I was hired during peak as temporary, but they kept me I'm assuming because I'm a good loader. They switch supervisors locations after every peak season at my hub, so I got a new sup. my previous sup loved me, and now this one i really can't tell. He puts me in trailers with the 2 worst oldest guys on our PD(sorry. It's just true. They are old and don't care about their load quality.) it's a known fact, and they often load alone due to the fact they ruin others walls. So I got put in a trailor with one of these guys, and my new sup nagged me 3 times that night about my wall being tight and good looking. He specifically talked to me for some reason, when it was obviously the other guys fault. He just throws :censored2: into the wall without looking. He puts 50 lbs packages and just throws them behind the wall to make it fall forward. Like what the :censored2:? He's a nice guy but loading with him is unbearable. Now my new sup thinks I'm a lazy new hire with no potential that doesn't listen to his advice since he told me like 3 times that night to get my wall better. I'm obviously not the best loader, but I've never had a complaint from other sups, or him when I wasn't in A trailor with this old guy. What should I do? I'm on my 30 day probationary period and I'm not even in the union yet... I can't afford to be complained at everyday for other peoples wrongdoing.
Do your best, keep a good attitude, and show you are willing to learn, and you should be ok. Don't let some dumb jerk discourage you. Keep on doing what you know is right.

Ant12

This is how it works. If your good & happy they'll move you to change that. Ups doesn't believe a happy worker is a good worker. They like you to fear from being fired worker is a good worker. Sorry it's true. Unless you kiss major ass then they like that
You've got a point lol

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
dude, just work safe and work like a beast. I was an unloader in preload for 6 six months, just did my job, never complained, no grievences, and they let me go driving. alot of people on here will say the harder you work, the more work they'll give you. True to some extent, but it doesnt mean no doors will open because of it. Do YOUR job, and dont worry about other people. boom