Process for disqualifying yourself from TCD

Hi
I've searched the union handbook and the southern region supplement and can't find any info on disqualifying myself from TCD (part time cover driver). I would like to go back to local sort and also back to my nightly part-time air shuttle run. I have decided I would rather spend my daytime pursuing things I enjoy a bit more even if it doesn't pay the big bucks.
I will have seniority over everyone else on that sort including the shuttle driver.
My questions are
What is the process for doing this?
Do I have to wait for a bid sheet even if the guy running it now has never signed an air shuttle bid sheet?
And also since I ran the part-time air shuttle for years, will I start back off at my last rate (approx $26/hr) or will I have to start back over at the two year progression rates?
Any help is appreciated.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Call your Local Union hall. Local practices vary by building. You may or may not be able to go back to part time inside work. They will be able to tell you.

PT Car Washer

Shag wrote that he is PT. Wants to DQ himself from driving all the time. Just tear up your medical card. Won't be able to drive exception air though. We also have a nightly air shuttle run, or two, to the airport but it is not recognized as being a separate job. Just as needed so is awarded by seniority.

guyinthebrownbox

In our local, you have to write(type) a letter stating that you want to disqualify yourself from driving. Once written, it has to be signed by the union steward and the center manager. It stays in effect for one year. People in our building DQ themselves all the time.

But like everyone else said, just call the local hall or ask your steward and they can get you squared away

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Car Washer

In our local, you have to write(type) a letter stating that you want to disqualify yourself from driving. Once written, it has to be signed by the union steward and the center manager. It stays in effect for one year. People in our building DQ themselves all the time.

But like everyone else said, just call the local hall or ask your steward and they can get you squared away

Sent using BrownCafe App
I agree but the OP wants to continue driving as an Air Exception driver. Is this allowed in your building?

Ugh... That would stink if it disqualified me from any driving. Anyone else know of someone who has done this? I'll try to call our local on lunch tomorrow also.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We just had one of our best covers drop back to pre load. He was just sick of the hours. He contacted the Stewart. Stewart contacted union hall and center manager. Was in pre load in a month. He does air delivery occasionally. Have been driver helper a few times already

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
He was so fed up with management. He said if he doesn't go back he was willing to quit. Ups didn't want to lose this guy. He was next to go full time. Has passed up the last 3 opportunities since. I still think he was nuts. But, I respect him for his right to say he's had it