Processing Air on preload

Jk mr Golf

Wzup UPS peeps. Question. Are the loaders required to stay and process air or is it a volunteer thing?? I thought I read it the book that is was based on seniority who could stay and process it. Mgmt trying to give me a warning letter for leaving g after ground is done. I have been here for 9 years and never thought it was "required" I usually sort in unload but filling in for a loader this week. Thanks for any help.

T

Turdferguson

give-peeps-a-chance.jpg

J

jibbs

Yes you are required to stay. You're suppose to be loading the airs.... Aren't you?

Yeah, but you know how they like to cut preloaders as early as possible.

To a new hire, that practice might make it seem as if preloaders aren't supposed to be or don't have to handle air.

In my center, once the last truck of the day is done and the sort aisle wraps up, two upside down totes come down the belt. Once that happens (again, in my center), we're allowed to leave as long as we're clean, all our drivers have shown up and are wrapping up, or you're specifically told to get off the clock.

That took me way longer than it should have to figure out, though.

Yeah, but you know how they like to cut preloaders as early as possible.

To a new hire, that practice might make it seem as if preloaders aren't supposed to be or don't have to handle air.

In my center, once the last truck of the day is done and the sort aisle wraps up, two upside down totes come down the belt. Once that happens (again, in my center), we're allowed to leave as long as we're clean, all our drivers have shown up and are wrapping up, or you're specifically told to get off the clock.

That took me way longer than it should have to figure out, though.
Yes, I'm very aware that management loves to cut preloaders. & that's cool that two upside down totes come down the belt. At my center, my sups just call out that we are done and all that's left are the incompatibles to load.