Prod Bon ?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Just saw this on my check today. What exactly Is this? Never seen it before
It means you got lucky and met a made up, arbitrary number by the company, resulting in you getting paid for the difference in what you worked and how long they said it should take.

Some refer it much akin to the lottery.

BUCN85

Oh. I thought you had to be full time for a year before things like that showed up on a check. That's why I was questioning it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

One and three is a big yes, number two, I say no.

Could it be that he has become an efficient driver?

I am sitting at home on my 45 minute meal break. I will take my 10 minute break while waiting for my 1645 drop box. I will get back to the building at 1815 and be punched out and gone by 1820. I will also be an hour under for the day.

BUCN85

Well I have been qualified since October and this is the first time it has showed up. And I've been under many times. And thanks upstate. I have become efficient in the current route I've been on. And i never skip not 1 minute of my lunch. Not once not ever.

rod

Retired 22 years
Well I have been qualified since October and this is the first time it has showed up. And I've been under many times. And thanks upstate. I have become efficient in the current route I've been on. And i never skip not 1 minute of my lunch. Not once not ever.

enjoy it while it lasts---before they start messing with your route

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So you are saying it is possible to take every minute of your lunch and break, work within the methods, take care of the customers and still run scratch or better?

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
It must be as I do it on a daily basis. 26 years in and I still average an hour under every day.

Congrats. 5 hours of unearned o/t in your check every week would be pretty swell, right? But, you don't work in a bonus center. I do.

In centers like mine, time allowance becomes a game. There are those of us who play by the rules and see no reward. There are others that do the best they can (senior drivers) and get harassed about production. Then, there's the other drivers...

The drivers that figure out the best ways to outsmart the game. The drivers that come in 2-3 hours under, every day. Are they taking lunch? Following the methods? You can bet your sweet asper-cream, they're not.

So in the end, what you have is a game. Some folks play by the rules. Some folks cheat.

The cheaters win everyday. Middle-of-the-road drivers win occasionally. Senior drivers lose everyday.

I don't come to work to play the lottery. I just want to do my best and go home.