Prod Bon ?

BUCN85

How long have you been at ups? I keep hearing things that I thought were a given. This is troublesome because obviously you gained seniority as a full timer last year. Read your contract and look out for yourself.
Unfortunately there is nothing regarding bonus in the contract book. Well unless I missed it.

Notretiredyet

Around here bonus is paid after the driver qualifies, ask your steward or call the hall. You may be entitled to back pay, and just a reminder for those in progression to watch for your wage increases after your seniority date each year.

upschuck

I don't know if my original question was ever answered. When does bonus take effect if I just now saw it but have been FT since September?
Sup didn't put you in as a bonus eligible driver til then. They have to mark it after you are qualified.

Overpaid Union Thug

Anyone that runs an hour under everyday and doesn't have a large bulk pickup loaded for them by a customer in a TP50 or/and without cheating/taking shortcuts throughout the day has to have a rather generous time allowance. To say that it is due to their "efficiency" is nothing short of blowing smoke up everyone's asses.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
You also get high every day and worship an entertainer.

Different strokes for different folks.

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1429925764.178268.jpg

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Anyone that runs an hour under everyday and doesn't have a large bulk pickup loaded for them by a customer in a TP50 or/and without cheating/taking shortcuts throughout the day has to have a rather generous time allowance. To say that it is due to their "efficiency" is nothing short of blowing smoke up everyone's asses.
If you are in a bonus Center, why would you not take so called short cuts? I think most people that make big bonus are just fast and efficient.

Overpaid Union Thug

If you are in a bonus Center, why would you not take so called short cuts? I think most people that make big bonus are just fast and efficient.
The concept clearly went right over your head. They aren't literal shortcuts like ORION wants. For example they might be NI or DRing their apts instead of taking them to the offices. If someone is running an hour over without customers loading bulk pickups for them, and they are TRULY following the methods, then they either have a ridiculously generous time allowance or are driving way to fast and/or running like a crackhead. There is no other logical explanation. The notion that their 5 hours of bonus is all due to effiency is a bold faced lie.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The concept clearly went right over your head. They aren't literal shortcuts like ORION wants. For example they might be NI or DRing their apts instead of taking them to the offices. If someone is running an hour over without customers loading bulk pickups for them, and they are TRULY following the methods, then they either have a ridiculously generous time allowance or are driving way to fast and/or running like a crackhead. There is no other logical explanation. The notion that their 5 hours of bonus is all due to effiency is a bold faced lie.
Watch who you're calling a crackhead...we don't need to hurt a certain persons feelings...

F

FrigidAdCorrector

When does bonus take effect if I just now saw it but have been FT since September?
You should be getting it now. Sometimes payroll screws up. We had a driver in my center who made seniority in November and is under almost everyday. Through talking with him he and I discovered he hadn't been getting the bonus in his check. He went to our FT and he made a call to payroll. Guy got a nice check.
nobody's making 2-3 hours of bonus anymore even if they're running all day long maybe back in the old days but not anymore
Tell that to one guy in my center. 11-12 hour dispatch every day. Only works 8-9. Dude makes more in bonus every year than I make period.
I think most people that make big bonus are just fast and efficient.
Or the time study on it is just not good. That guy I mentioned above isn't fast at anything. 40 year employee, dude has issues with his body all over. Seeing him cross the belt is like watching a robot trying to cross.