Prod Bon ?

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
To qualify myself, I'm not really a big bonus driver. I just started a couple years ago so I'm still learning routes so I eat a little extra time. I'm not in any way trying to fight for "my bonus" or trying to turn this into a junk measuring contest.

However, I see a lot of excusing being made here by what I can only assume are veteran drivers that don't bonus. I do realize that some routes are better than others for bonus. To you guys bringing up these time studies they do from time to time, if a guy does 230 stops in 8 hours, you can bet he's gonna make some bonus. There's a guy in my center that's pushing 55, grey hair and all, and does that everyday.

If he comes in early and sorts his truck and skips his lunch, that's his choice. You're not any better than him for not doing so which is something everyone here seems to insinuate. Believe me, guys like this make YOUR job a lot easier. If he doesn't do those 200 plus everyday who else you think will? I notice whenever the "slug" in my loop is on vacation, I get an easy dispatch. As soon as he comes back, he gets to do 150 on a resi route while I get stuck with 230...

To be real blunt, some drivers are better and work harder. If you don't want to push and challenge yourself to get better than that's fine. The contract states a fair days work for a fair days pay and not that every driver has to be an Olympic track star. But how do you think anyone got good at anything? You think Michael Jordan became so good without having a lot of restless night from being so exhausted from practice? Just stop insinuating that these drivers are doing something wrong. If you really consider yourself an equal or better than these drivers for whatever reason...maybe you think you service the customer better or are safer...you're delusional. These drivers are more athletic than you, are more organized than you, and know their route better than you know yours.
Guess you didn't take into account one of the most important parts of the equation there EINSTEIN, and that is every driver all depending on how long they have been doing this job for, everyone is in different condition physically. That's just the way it is. Doesn't make 1 driver more athletic, smarter, more organized, have a better work ethic than another. Doesn't prove anything really at the end of the day, in certain scenarios your right but not in all scenarios. The drivers here are human not robots or machines. You do this job long enough you will be forced to slow down because of your physical condition. A driver 60 years old could be more athletic and coordinated than a DORKNUTT driver that's 25 years old, doesn't mean hes going to get done before the 25 year old. All that mumbo jumbo doesn't mean squat YOUNGBLOOD. That's the real deal, you haven't been doing this job long enough to realize this yet honestly. Every young driver thinks hes SUPERMAN until SUPERMANS INVINCIBILITY( body breaking down) starts to betray him.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I loved when they put guys like him right next to me in my loop, made it easy to get rid of a split.
And get an ad-cut for like 20 to 30 stops taken off your route cause SPEEDY GONZALES will run his ding dong off and skip his lunch. THANK YOU VERY MUCH IDIOTBOY FOR HOOKIN CAPTAIN MILKMAN UP lmfao

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Is it a bonus for the driver, or the company?

Also, how do you skip lunch and not end up on some report?

BUCN85

Is it a bonus for the driver, or the company?

Also, how do you skip lunch and not end up on some report?
I don't know but I think managements thing is always make sure you "record" a lunch. Not necessarily "take" your lunch.

BUCN85

We get reports now if you scan during break periods.
Can they discipline you for that? I'm a new driver but I learned quick to use all break times. I find it funny though when drivers complain about work. But they skip their lunch and breaks cause they" don't have time" there's times when I've been so heavy I couldn't take lunch till 500. But I still took it.

Get me a steward

To qualify myself, I'm not really a big bonus driver. I just started a couple years ago so I'm still learning routes so I eat a little extra time. I'm not in any way trying to fight for "my bonus" or trying to turn this into a junk measuring contest.

However, I see a lot of excusing being made here by what I can only assume are veteran drivers that don't bonus. I do realize that some routes are better than others for bonus. To you guys bringing up these time studies they do from time to time, if a guy does 230 stops in 8 hours, you can bet he's gonna make some bonus. There's a guy in my center that's pushing 55, grey hair and all, and does that everyday.

If he comes in early and sorts his truck and skips his lunch, that's his choice. You're not any better than him for not doing so which is something everyone here seems to insinuate. Believe me, guys like this make YOUR job a lot easier. If he doesn't do those 200 plus everyday who else you think will? I notice whenever the "slug" in my loop is on vacation, I get an easy dispatch. As soon as he comes back, he gets to do 150 on a resi route while I get stuck with 230...

To be real blunt, some drivers are better and work harder. If you don't want to push and challenge yourself to get better than that's fine. The contract states a fair days work for a fair days pay and not that every driver has to be an Olympic track star. But how do you think anyone got good at anything? You think Michael Jordan became so good without having a lot of restless night from being so exhausted from practice? Just stop insinuating that these drivers are doing something wrong. If you really consider yourself an equal or better than these drivers for whatever reason...maybe you think you service the customer better or are safer...you're delusional. These drivers are more athletic than you, are more organized than you, and know their route better than you know yours.
Usually also the guys with 2 knee braces and surgeries on both shoulders before age 50

Ms.PacMan

If a driver can run bonus on every route in the building then he's a bonus driver - I've never met one yet.

If you make bonus you're just lucky to be on that route.

Rainman

Its all good.
We have a driver that can bonus their route 1+ hours a day, while even our best cover drivers have a very difficult time just finishing it.

Rainman

Its all good.
Management is afraid to follow this driver, they don't want to correct the behavior because the work gets done, the numbers look good, and the service is provided with happy customers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We have a driver that can bonus their route 1+ hours a day, while even our best cover drivers have a very difficult time just finishing it.
Management is afraid to follow this driver, they don't want to correct the behavior because the work gets done, the numbers look good, and the service is provided with happy customers.

You are making the assumption that the bid driver is not following the methods. Could it be possible that he is simply a more efficient driver than your best cover drivers?