production rides

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
They can get on the car with you whenever they want, whether it's harassment or not depends on how they treat you during the ride.

YesYouDidPushAButton

Maybe it's a regional contract thing, I dont remember what article or where it is, it's been about a year since I've read our entire contract (yes I read the whole thing a couple times a year) they're only allowed to ride (for production) 3 times per year. I'm not sure if it's "times" or "days" because our production rides are three days long. I've been ridden twice this year, I love it. My Sup is a fat boy and half my days are super old multi level condos with no stairs, and I'm in shape, and faster than he is ;)

I like to go up one side, deliver the box, down the other and back in the truck and moving while he's still climbing the first stairwell we came up in, looking out at the window at me. I smile and tap my watch.

rod

Retired 22 years
All "production rides" are a form of harrassment to get even more out of you. In case you haven't noticed they aren't riding with you so they can tell you what a great job you are doing----------------------------------- (even if you are).

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
In our area it's a bit 'grey' concerning Over Supervision regarding OJS rides. Our steward encourages those that feel harassed over multiple OJS rides to file,and as a rule of thumb if the company cant provide very clear reasons for the multiple OJS at panel the Harassment Grievance is upheld

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
As what point is does is become 'excessive supervision'?
At the point that it does? I've had rides where I filed after the first day and I've had back to back 3 day rides where I didn't file all because I didn't feel harassed. It all depends, but if you feel harassed you go ahead and file.

CAFAL

What do you think Einstein??

My opinion is you bring it on yourself. I was just wondering how it was everywhere else. This driver would get a ride and be consistant for awhile. Slowly would double his over allowed and received another ride. Third ride w center manager he calls in sick on second day and files a harassment grievance. Now he has an extra bulk stop that averages 300 to 500 packages a day. Was it worth a grievance?

My opinion is you bring it on yourself. I was just wondering how it was everywhere else. This driver would get a ride and be consistant for awhile. Slowly would double his over allowed and received another ride. Third ride w center manager he calls in sick on second day and files a harassment grievance. Now he has an extra bulk stop that averages 300 to 500 packages a day. Was it worth a grievance?
It is if he stays the course. Filing one could go either way but when they know you will file at the drop of a hat the ballgame changes.

brown bomber

brown bomber
It is if he stays the course. Filing one could go either way but when they know you will file at the drop of a hat the ballgame changes.
I never had a " production ride"...however it's been 3 yrs, since I've worked....and in the span of 10 yrs., I went from the 1st driver to return to the bldg., during peak for many years ( and running 1.5 + early)....to one who had a "retirement" route totally implode, and have it become unbearable and unrealistic

DS

Fenderbender
I never had a " production ride"...however it's been 3 yrs, since I've worked....and in the span of 10 yrs., I went from the 1st driver to return to the bldg., during peak for many years ( and running 1.5 + early)....to one who had a "retirement" route totally implode, and have it become unbearable and unrealistic
Well bomber "it is what it is"...sorry man...I hate that expression too.
My route can be brutal too.I am usually over a half hour,but sometimes over a buck.
Each day is like a box of chocolates,you never know what you're gonna get...

CAFAL

I would be curious as to the performance of the cover drivers on this route.

Most cover guys are fifty clicks over. Right about where it is during a production ride. Allowances seem off on this route, as with the another village route. Reg driver fluctuates. 75 - 200 clicks over

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

75 clicks is acceptable---200 clicks most certainly needs to be addressed.

We have a driver who is currently under the microscope for production issues. Seems he likes to "visit" and tends to fall behind. The cover drivers have no problem bringing it in close to scratch on a regular basis.