Production termination!

Im sorry T.

I guess I was raised different.

You never let a friend do something that will get him killed or has a lifetime lasting effect. At least you pick the fights, and stack the odds in your favor as best you can before swinging.

This guy cant seem to get that into his head. Others saw it. Others tried to stop him. Others tried to talk some sense into him. But not good ole 804........Wonder why?

d PS, is he tie???:wink2:
Maybe 804 thought he was right? Maybe 804 did try to tell him. You know as well as anyone that one can only do so much before the other shoe drops. Then it's too late.
I once did the best I knew how to stop a friend from resigning from a UPS management job, he just would not hear me. Long story short, his life now is in financial ruin. Some people you just can't help.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I once did the best I knew how to stop a friend from resigning from a UPS management job, he just would not hear me. Long story short, his life now is in financial ruin. Some people you just can't help.

Difference is that you are not blaming what happened to him on some bogus bull. He made the call, he paid the price. He is a grown man.

804 keeps feeling like the guy was a victim of some evil conspiracy

d

Difference is that you are not blaming what happened to him on some bogus bull. He made the call, he paid the price. He is a grown man.

804 keeps feeling like the guy was a victim of some evil conspiracy

d
LOL...If I had told you the whole story (which I will not) it would have sounded like I was blaming the company.

Oh and when the friend went into management, I tried to stop him from doing that too. LMAO....he never listened to me. But I was a true blue friend, I only told him " I told you so" three maybe four times.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Around here, a true blue friend does not even ask where you want to hide the body...........

It hurts to see people self destruct.

d

emmasdad

I think many people here are missing the point. Either he did something to really piss off management or he was a slacker. Everyone knows the stop count can vary daily by as much as 20 stops, depending on the loader. There is more to this than meets the paper.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Emma's dad

The evidence presented at the arbitration is very telling. While the union repeatedly repeated the same story, they did nothing to rebut the evidence the company presented at the hearing. They also did not rebut the vast majority of what the company presented.

Why? Because there was nothing to rebut. What the company presented was the truth.

What little bit the union presented was promptly and convincingly rebutted by the company.

So what choice was there to make?

Then add what the arbitrator saw in the driver during his testimony and you get what got handed down.

He was not a slacker. He intentionally tried to make himself a point. And he lost.

d

beatupbrown

This brings up the nightmare of my being lied to by the company doctor 18 times .they even get the so called experts to give opinion favorable to the company I was naïve on this.Harassed by management for having A major injury with UPS. You have a bulls eye on your back when they want you gone .
They should do a 20\20 story on my nightmare it very shocking to see of how brown works.
I was left with a injury that left me permanently out of work for ever. .UPS does give not give a pot of gold for your injury ,they give you only what is forced.They fight everything on technicality to pay you the minimum even when it should be a slam dunk. When I read this stories about drivers being fired because you have a bull eyes on your back for what ever reason. Makes my relive the horrible way they treated me, like a combat vet relieving the night mares of combat.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Brown

The difference between you and him is that he wanted this confrontation to make a name for himself.

At least I would hope you didnt go out one day and plan on getting hurt.

And that is the difference.

And yes, like you I got injured on the job. And yes, UPS will pay only what the law says they have to. Just like any company in the USA today. Thats what workers comp is there to regulate. In certain things it helps the employee, in others, they might as well bend over and grab their ankles.

BTW, your anger is pointed at UPS. Please understand that once you were a workers comp case, UPS washed their hands of the liability. Thats why it is called workers comp insurance. You dealt with and deal with the insurance company, in our area liberty mutual. Your anger should be pointed at them, not UPS.

Once your usefulness to a company is over, you are last weeks news. That applies to most all companies. They have to focus on what is today and in the future.

Again, I hate you think you got screwed by UPS, but it was workers comp insurance that handled and fought your case. Not UPS.

d

Brown

The difference between you and him is that he wanted this confrontation to make a name for himself.

At least I would hope you didnt go out one day and plan on getting hurt.

And that is the difference.

And yes, like you I got injured on the job. And yes, UPS will pay only what the law says they have to. Just like any company in the USA today. Thats what workers comp is there to regulate. In certain things it helps the employee, in others, they might as well bend over and grab their ankles.

BTW, your anger is pointed at UPS. Please understand that once you were a workers comp case, UPS washed their hands of the liability. Thats why it is called workers comp insurance. You dealt with and deal with the insurance company, in our area liberty mutual. Your anger should be pointed at them, not UPS.

Once your usefulness to a company is over, you are last weeks news. That applies to most all companies. They have to focus on what is today and in the future.

Again, I hate you think you got screwed by UPS, but it was workers comp insurance that handled and fought your case. Not UPS.

d
Oh no, Danny...UPS dang sure had something to do with it. The influence UPS has determines how Liberty Mutual handles many case that are severe. Especially with permanent disability. Don't kid yourself into thinking otherwise.

beatupbrown

Danny UPS has a huge hand in what goes on in work comp claims .They can call the insurance company and say settle or fight this one .Now of course the insurance companies is going to fight most cases.
The doctors that UPS hires better give pro company opinions are that person is gone. The one thing I can say about the doctor that saw me he had one brief moment honesty, when he said after seeing many times that ‘I work for UPS’
That comment was in reference to his medical opinion was on my injury.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I tell you what.

I dont want to derail this thread with your claims of UPS mistreatment of your injury.

You have something to say on the subject, start a new thread.

I have already tried to explain to you how your situation is very different than the person this thread covers.

So please dont derail this thread for your personal sob story.

Start the proper thread and I will respond.

d

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Im not interested in a contest of words. Its bad form on a forum to hijack the thread.

my suggestion to you is to start your own thread where the subject can be discussed in a logical manner.

Any similarities between you and the focus of this thread are purely in your head.

You deserve to be heard, he already had his say.

Not trying to be rude.

d

I would like to know more information on this case. I just cant believe that the arb. would justify taking a guys job because he was down 3 stops per hour. Things change from day to day. They did a ride w/me a year ago, said I needed 12 stops per hour. O.K. That sounds good in a perfect world, but not every day is the same as the day they rode with me.

I just had my OJS and when I tried to use that thinking I was told by my center manager that he 'was not going to even entertain that.' They got the numbers they wanted out of me on my OJS and they said they were going to hold me to them. When I asked about what kind of leeway I had, he said 'what do you mean, this is your number'.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I just had my OJS and when I tried to use that thinking I was told by my center manager that he 'was not going to even entertain that.' They got the numbers they wanted out of me on my OJS and they said they were going to hold me to them. When I asked about what kind of leeway I had, he said 'what do you mean, this is your number'.
You can't possibly meet the same number on a daily basis. This being the case, somedays you'll hit that number, some days you won't. You don't get paid by the numbers but by the hour, so in this case, your supe is setting themself up for disappointment.

brownrodster

You can't possibly meet the same number on a daily basis. This being the case, somedays you'll hit that number, some days you won't. You don't get paid by the numbers but by the hour, so in this case, your supe is setting themself up for disappointment.

Our center recently implemented PAS. As a result the routes change drastically on a daily basis. It is impossible to hit the same SPORH everyday when the route changes so much.

The route I've done the most since we got PAS can go from 60 miles and a lot of easy residential to 120 miles and a lot of rural deliveries. Lowest SPORH I've had is 16 and the highest is 21.5. Fortunately the over/under is reasonable as I'm usually no more than .25 over and often bonus by a little. Thus the supervisors have never said anything to me regarding production.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Our center recently implemented PAS. As a result the routes change drastically on a daily basis. It is impossible to hit the same SPORH everyday when the route changes so much.

The route I've done the most since we got PAS can go from 60 miles and a lot of easy residential to 120 miles and a lot of rural deliveries. Lowest SPORH I've had is 16 and the highest is 21.5. Fortunately the over/under is reasonable as I'm usually no more than .25 over and often bonus by a little. Thus the supervisors have never said anything to me regarding production.
Now put a guy that's not in perfect shape on that route. Or a guy that is in perfect shape. How about a cover driver trying to make their bones? There are so many more variables than POS, um I mean PAS.:wink2: