proflowers

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by mitchel, Feb 16, 2013.

1. mitchel

mitchel Member

anyone else notice the loss of proflowers account? im a swing driver and barely worked 3 hours on valentines day managers didnt come out and say it, but it was brought up on wednesday...because we noticed, no flowers. we were told they will come on thursday

2. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

Definitely noticed the lack of flowers this year. Mostly del Costco flowers and a few proflowers.

3. maybe people are getting smart and not paying 40 bucks for 12 half dead flowers and a dollar store vase!..

4. MAKAVELI

Could be and people maybe bought more local flowers.

5. mitchel

mitchel Member

no i was finally told ..yes we lost the account, and not to ground

6. mitchel

mitchel Member

i remember rows of nothing but flowers coming down the belt in previous years...did not happen the time

7. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

Fine with me either way.

Too many customers expecting us to be florists.

8. mitchel

mitchel Member

lol cactus. its one of the few time i enjoy delivering anymore. at least they are happy getting something

9. HomeDelivery

HomeDelivery Well-Known Member

weird... we were swamped w/ those & FTD & some fruits/ cherries/ other perishables the past Wed/Thurs/Fri/ then died out w/ a few on Sat...

not as much as last year, since those companies were using other carriers to get as much stuff out of their warehouses during that time (like what amazon does)

10. TUT

TUT Well-Known Member

I don't know who was having issues, but I heard there was a lot of missed flower shipments this year, I'll have to go check...

11. RTURNSONLY

RTURNSONLY Member

Yes, indeed. Mine cost me $6.99 for a dozen roses @ Aldi's and the wife loved them. They sure did the trick!

12. MAKAVELI

I heard some of the local guys in my area were del till midnight.

13. Myort

Myort Member

They moved Ground. I ordered some for my wife and they were delivered via Home Delivery. I tracked them and it appears Pro Flowers set up regional shipping locations to be able to pull this off. Most of the ones we moved at my station were P1.

14. I ordered Pro Flowers .. 2 orders .. 1 for Tuesday and another for Wednesday .. both were delivered to my gf via Express ..

15. vantexan

vantexan Well-Known Member

2? You romantic devil you!

16. CJinx

CJinx Well-Known Member

I definitely saw less Proflowers this year than last year, but we did have some. Also a spike in Harry&David, FTD, Red Envelope, etc.

17. Alleycar

Alleycar Member

I had a lot of Proflowers and Sherri's Berries. A few 1-800-flowers and FTDs. UPS driver here

18. MrFedEx

MrFedEx Engorged Member

Why are some people saying they moved Ground and others are saying they didn't move Ground? Or did ProFlowers split it up this year among several carriers.

19. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

If we are talking UPS drivers, air drivers can't move ground.

20. They move ground...I seen it last year...They put upgrade stickers on every package and said,,,,,,, its now air! we have the right to upgrade what we want to...WTF!!!!!Not only is the DOK good for tolietpaper so is our contract!!!!!!!!