proflowers

menotyou

bella amicizia
They move ground...I seen it last year...They put upgrade stickers on every package and said,,,,,,, its now air! we have the right to upgrade what we want to...WTF!!!!!Not only is the DOK good for tolietpaper so is our contract!!!!!!!!
I was an air driver. I can't tell you how much Ground I delivered. Work as Directed. Grieve later.

vantexan

Or do as we say! or we will cut your air run! there is no Integrity in U.P.S...I DONT KNOW WHY WE ALL HAVE A BAD ATTITUDE????????????

It is kind of amazing that at $32.49hr and great benefits anyone would have a bad attitude. Well, there is that work hard for it thing. Which is why I'd save every penny and walk away after I qualified for a decent pension. The reason alot of you guys are going to want to strike rather than concede anything is you spend it(maybe not YOU)as fast as you make it. I'm 4 years away from walking away for sure, maybe sooner, and can only do it because I won't have any debt. Yeah, haven't had much of a life working for FedEx, but all this austerity has helped me learn to live on little. You folks at UPS may be living it up, but I bet quite a few of you would like to leave by your mid-50's, and can't. If I had taken that UPS job at 29 I would have most likely retired at 45-47. And when Ford Motor's stock was about $1.50 a share in 2009 I would have been in a position to be a millionaire when it ran up to over $18. It really takes money to make money, thanks FedEx. And too often those that have it don't know what to do with it except have fun.

It is kind of amazing that at $32.49hr and great benefits anyone would have a bad attitude. Well, there is that work hard for it thing. Which is why I'd save every penny and walk away after I qualified for a decent pension. The reason alot of you guys are going to want to strike rather than concede anything is you spend it(maybe not YOU)as fast as you make it. I'm 4 years away from walking away for sure, maybe sooner, and can only do it because I won't have any debt. Yeah, haven't had much of a life working for FedEx, but all this austerity has helped me learn to live on little. You folks at UPS may be living it up, but I bet quite a few of you would like to leave by your mid-50's, and can't. If I had taken that UPS job at 29 I would have most likely retired at 45-47. And when Ford Motor's stock was about $1.50 a share in 2009 I would have been in a position to be a millionaire when it ran up to over $18. It really takes money to make money, thanks FedEx. And too often those that have it don't know what to do with it except have fun.
It doesnt matter how much you pay ..Cant tell everybody that tou are a scumbag and expect us to be happy with that. Their answewr was always money and the employees will look the other way! Well guess what Im not your dog that ****ted all over your new carpet!! Dont treat me that way!!!THats all we ask Fair pay for a fair days work...and yes like a humanbeing!! 2 + 2 =4 its that simple!!!

vantexan

It doesnt matter how much you pay ..Cant tell everybody that tou are a scumbag and expect us to be happy with that. Their answewr was always money and the employees will look the other way! Well guess what Im not your dog that ****ted all over your new carpet!! Dont treat me that way!!!THats all we ask Fair pay for a fair days work...and yes like a humanbeing!! 2 + 2 =4 its that simple!!!

Which is why UPS will eventually be in a world of hurt. The drivers are doing extremely well and not only won't give an inch but expect more. I would have been excited to make top pay of $22.57 after 10 years but am at $18.17 after 14 years. But then I don't need a $40k pickup, a $1500 TV, a $300k house, closets full of expensive clothes, partying on the beach in Cancun or Jamaica, etc, etc. And damn if FedEx is making sure I won't have that option. The one thing I value in this life outside of God and family is my freedom. If having stuff keeps me from being free to do what I want when I want then it isn't worth it. YMMV.

TUT

I was talking FedEx Gorund. I'd like to know who actually got the business, but it's starting to sound like ProFlowers split it.

These seasonal jobs keep getting more massive to the point a carrier cannot handle it. Flowers, iPads etc. Everyone wants to believe in unlimited capacity and everything just works, but as you know that just isn't the reality. Amazon, no one carrier can do it all to their satisfaction.

TUT

It is kind of amazing that at $32.49hr and great benefits anyone would have a bad attitude.

That has never worked. A NFL'er seems happier with their college that took total advantage of them, than their employer which gave them all their riches. Happiness comes with the total package, pay is one part, treating with respect an even bigger one. Obviously owners aren't just happy with 10's of million or even 100's of millions anymore.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Here's the thing. I completely understand that no one appreciates being treated with disrespect regardless of how well they're compensated. And that's why when I started my ill-fated journey with Federal Express back in the 80's, I was perfectly content to make a buck and a half less than my brethren in brown. That was about all the difference was back then, and our bennies were great. We even got to fly on our own jets for free, which was something we had over UPS. The real icing on the cake was the fact that the company treated us well. They seemed to value us as people. Seemed interested in our ideas. We had fun at work, and we were well aware that the guys and gals working alongside us in the "package cars" were pretty miserable.

But that was in a galaxy long ago and far far away. The compensation gulf since those days has widened considerably, while the workplace atmosphere has narrowed to the point where I believe there is little difference in the self esteem on the job of an Express employee to that of a UPS employee. At least the folks in brown can soothe their bruised egos by surrounding themselves with nicer things once they get home than the shleps in dark blue can.

vantexan

That has never worked. A NFL'er seems happier with their college that took total advantage of them, than their employer which gave them all their riches. Happiness comes with the total package, pay is one part, treating with respect an even bigger one. Obviously owners aren't just happy with 10's of million or even 100's of millions anymore.

Speak for yourself. Maybe not all, but many would find their life more meaningful and happier if they got off the materialism kick. There's nothing wrong with having nice things, but when you're never satisfied, always wanting more, you'll end up chasing your tail. Exactly why we at FedEx are doing so poorly, those at the top aren't ever satisfied with what they have. I worry about having enough to get by, not what latest gizmo I'm missing out on. Doesn't make me perfect, but makes it alot easier to live with what I do have.

vantexan

^Must have misread me.

I guess I did. As a mid-range employee it does rankle that the company doesn't accord us the same respect as those who've gone before. We're expected to accept less and just take it. It is frustrating. I guess I'm reacting to those who've had it very good financially, and I'm not talking about FedEx topped out couriers, for many years now. It's the danger inherent in the power of unions, pushing a company to the point of breaking it. If unions that ruined industries in the past had been more reasonable(and I know it's a two way street) then maybe the resistance that was put up to keep a union out of FedEx wouldn't have been as intense. Just maybe if there were more cooperation between labor and management we may have better pay. Before anyone scoffs and says not Fred S consider if most other corporations got along with labor much better then in that environment he'd be under pressure to do the same. But unfortunately there's never enough in the minds of many, and they're willing to kill a good thing to wring every penny out. To be clear, some companies suck and we have earned the right to despise their leadership. But when you are in a good situation you should be thankful for it and do everything possible to keep things good, not risk ruining a good thing. Take the medical. When you are struggling to make ends meet healthcare costs add up. But when you're making good money just maybe you should be willing to give a little back if it keeps the company solvent. It won't matter if you get your way if 10 years down the road in your late 30's the company has to shut down because it's bleeding money and the union won't give concessions.

DontThrowPackages

We can look at the example of the Professional athlete, the Rock/rap musician and that one friend to know people spend it as soon as they get it. But if that's the way they want to life their life, I wouldn't tell them not to. I'm sure they had an amazing time while they had money. A person who's wasting their 20's, 30's and 40's because they think the meaning of life is sitting at home staring at the walls, eating mac and cheese every day and never going on vacation so he can relax in his 60's sitting at home staring at the walls. I refuse to live like an old man, while I'm still fit. We aren't even guaranteed to reach 60. But neither will I tell that person not to stay home waiting til the day retirement comes. I just know for me, I'm happen with my 401k, some of the other little things I've done and at the same time I've lived<living it up.

vantexan

We can look at the example of the Professional athlete, the Rock/rap musician and that one friend to know people spend it as soon as they get it. But if that's the way they want to life their life, I wouldn't tell them not to. I'm sure they had an amazing time while they had money. A person who's wasting their 20's, 30's and 40's because they think the meaning of life is sitting at home staring at the walls, eating mac and cheese every day and never going on vacation so he can relax in his 60's sitting at home staring at the walls. I refuse to live like an old man, while I'm still fit. We aren't even guaranteed to reach 60. But neither will I tell that person not to stay home waiting til the day retirement comes. I just know for me, I'm happen with my 401k, some of the other little things I've done and at the same time I've lived<living it up.

Again there's nothing wrong with having nice things. But there's a mathematical certainty out there that you can't get around: there are many times more people in labor than in management. When you multiply the great pay by the number of workers(+ the benefits) it's a hell of alot of money and by far a company like UPS's biggest expense. There has to be a recognition on labor's part that even though the company takes in a huge amount it is a finite amount. A company has other expenses besides payroll and yes they want to turn a profit. If employees are already doing very well they are hardly sitting around staring at walls. There has to be a willingness to meet management at least part of the way or you risk seriously damaging the brand and risking your own future. I'm not talking about FedEx, who deserves a union to stick it to them, I'm talking about a company that has conceded very generous pay and benefits to it's employees and now faces a very serious threat from the pirates in purple and green who could ruin a very good thing if the Teamsters don't beat them to it. If you are grossing $90k+ working 50 hrs a week then what's the problem? Seriously!!??!!

Last edited:

Goldilocks

Here's the thing. I completely understand that no one appreciates being treated with disrespect regardless of how well they're compensated. And that's why when I started my ill-fated journey with Federal Express back in the 80's, I was perfectly content to make a buck and a half less than my brethren in brown. That was about all the difference was back then, and our bennies were great. We even got to fly on our own jets for free, which was something we had over UPS. The real icing on the cake was the fact that the company treated us well. They seemed to value us as people. Seemed interested in our ideas. We had fun at work, and we were well aware that the guys and gals working alongside us in the "package cars" were pretty miserable.

But that was in a galaxy long ago and far far away. The compensation gulf since those days has widened considerably, while the workplace atmosphere has narrowed to the point where I believe there is little difference in the self esteem on the job of an Express employee to that of a UPS employee. At least the folks in brown can soothe their bruised egos by surrounding themselves with nicer things once they get home than the shleps in dark blue can.

Agree, This is what BB and TUT do not understand and will never understand. It's more than just not getting paid or losing our benifits we once had, but its about the lies and deception. FS started with a handful of couriers and some pilots, later to add csa positions. We were made to believe our position was the most important position of the company, and we were treated with respect and honor. FS would come to our stations and honor us for our hard work. We were compensated very well with pay, parties, great benifits. We believed in the company and worked hard, loved coming to work and loved Federal Express.

Couriers are now treated like garbage. They got what they wanted from us. If I had the opportunity to talk with Mr Smith my question would be, How could you do this to us Mr Smith? I just dont understand the lies and deception.

After the Stockholders meeting in October, and I watched every bit of it, I then understood. BB and TUT, it really hurts and angers us, 'The Senior Couriers" and what Memphis does not understand, we can STILL make it or break it.....

Last edited:

packageguy

anyone else notice the loss of proflowers account? im a swing driver and barely worked 3 hours on valentines day managers didnt come out and say it, but it was brought up on wednesday...because we noticed, no flowers. we were told they will come on thursday

we got hit Three straight days Tuesday Wednesday Thursday.

bbsam

Staff member
I understand Goldi. And you would have seen it alot earlier if you had been here a couple years ago. This has all been forecast ad nauseum by me, MFE R1a and others. And year after year couriers bought the lie. For months after you got here you still sang Fred's praises. Didn't believe it? Didn't want to?