Progression question

upschuck

Ask you BA to explain to you what he thinks this statement means. I dont know how much clearer this statement could be. Maybe if it was written in crayon some management and BA's would understand it better.

2013 seventy cents ($0.70)
2014 seventy cents ($0.70)
2015 seventy cents ($0.70)
2016 eighty cents ($0.80)
2017 one dollar ($1.00)

Full-time employees still in progression on the effective date of this
Master Agreement shall receive the above contractual increases
They should get these increases, but they will not come up to the newly hired wage progression. They will essentially be getting two smaller raises, that equal out to the same yearly raise. At the year marks, they will be making the progression rates that the 2008-2013 contract states.

Quigley

Have the higher wage rates ever been grieved?
Its too early
They should get these increases, but they will not come up to the newly hired wage progression. They will essentially be getting two smaller raises, that equal out to the same yearly raise. At the year marks, they will be making the progression rates that the 2008-2013 contract states.

So let me see if I understand what you are saying. Lets take a driver who started June 2013. He started at $16.10, 90 days $17.25, he gets the .70 Aug 1 2014, so now $17.95, in June 1 year seniority he goes to $18.45. Is that what you are saying?

Last edited:

upschuck

So let me see if I understand what you are saying. Lets take a driver who started June 2013. He started at $16.10, 90 days $17.25, he gets the .70 Aug 1 2014, so now $17.95, in June 1 year seniority he goes to $18.45. Is that what you are saying?
That is how I read it, if you see something different that I have missed, then please tell me. I don't see anything different.

iowa boy

Quigley,

We have been told here by our local that anyone in progression when the new contract started will stay at their current progression rate with no raises and no retro.

Quigley

That is how I read it, if you see something different that I have missed, then please tell me. I don't see anything different.

And according to my center manager and BA that language is still in there so drivers on 3 year progression will remain on 3 year progression. If the language were to be taken out someone may argue that everybody is now on 4 year progression. Also notice that the old rate in the new contract is blacked out. Thats because its no longer in effect. Lets just agree to disagree on this subject. But as a shop steward I will always fight to get the best deal I can for the drivers and part timers in my center. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Quigley

Quigley,

We have been told here by our local that anyone in progression when the new contract started will stay at their current progression rate with no raises and no retro.
I give up. The contract is clear on the .70 raise. I dont know what else to say.

Brown stains

Any one can read the contract..but not every one understands the language .. All full time Employees in progression as of 8/1/13 will receive the G W I means just that. And there is no way an employee with just 1day señority will be paid more then a 1 yr employee

upschuck

Quigley,

I think that would be worth a grievance when retro's come and you don't get any. You should get 70¢ from Aug 1 to year date.

Brown stains

I give up. The contract is clear on the .70 raise. I dont know what else to say.
DONT GIVE UP THE FIGHT I HAVENT
AND WOUNT ..tommorow morning back into center manager's office to get answers..I gave him since Monday
Pluss a call to ba to have him tell me why 6 of our guys didn't get raise and or bump

iowa boy

I know what you are quoting from in the new contract and I'm not trying to argue with you, but if you look at the last sentence in the last paragraph of art. 41, sect. 2(c) it says "
Article 41 Section 2(c) of the prior Agreement shall remain in
effect for all employees in that progression as of the date of the ratification."

Doesn't stipulate here anything about raises being included in that progression. So I'm wondering if this is what our BA and stewards are referencing? What's your take on this?

Inthegame

I know what you are quoting from in the new contract and I'm not trying to argue with you, but if you look at the last sentence in the last paragraph of art. 41, sect. 2(c) it says "
effect for all employees in that progression as of the date of the ratification."

Doesn't stipulate here anything about raises being included in that progression. So I'm wondering if this is what our BA and stewards are referencing? What's your take on this?
That's the BS company position. But when else would the "still in progression" clause apply if not in this situation?

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh

What that statement states, is that employees are not eligible to receive the new progression rates under the new contract.
You have to look under section 1 of article 41, which states " all full time employees under progression at ratification of contract shall receive the above contractual raise and be paid no less than what they are entitled to under the old progression rate"

My example: I am in progression, I received my raise in march.
I should receive a retro check of .70 from August 1st to when I received my progression raise in march. But because I received a progression raise after August 1st I will not see a .70 raise in pay until the August 2014 raise

saintrick

Have the higher wage rates ever been grieved?

The language has been this way since 2007 when progression increased from 30 to 36 months and higher step wages were implemented.

Bottom rung did you not get a reply from the IBT's contract fact page regarding this that you posted sometime in the past.

saintrick

And according to my center manager and BA that language is still in there so drivers on 3 year progression will remain on 3 year progression. If the language were to be taken out someone may argue that everybody is now on 4 year progression. Also notice that the old rate in the new contract is blacked out. Thats because its no longer in effect. Lets just agree to disagree on this subject. But as a shop steward I will always fight to get the best deal I can for the drivers and part timers in my center. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

We can agree to disagree no problem here.

Bottom rung

I did get a reply from the I b t regarding my question they stated that I will stay in the 3 year progression.(2012 seniority date.) And I will be entitled to the gwi quote="saintrick, post: 1322327, member: 29276"]The language has been this way since 2007 when progression increased from 30 to 36 months and higher step wages were implemented.

Bottom rung did you not get a reply from the IBT's contract fact page regarding this that you posted sometime in the past.[/quote]
I

Quigley

I'm curious why put this statement in the new contract:

They will be paid no less than what they are entitled to in accordance
with Article 41, Section 2 below.

If they already have this statement:

effect for all employees in that progression as of the date of the ratification.

Seems to me if you are going by the second statement the first is completely unneccessary and misleading. My opinion is the second statement is only there to make sure if you are on a 3 year progression, that you will remain on the 3 year progression. If the statement were to be taken out, one could argue everybody regardless of starting date would be on a 4 year progression. Like I said my opinion.

upschuck

I'm curious why put this statement in the new contract:

If they already have this statement:

effect for all employees in that progression as of the date of the ratification.

Seems to me if you are going by the second statement the first is completely unneccessary and misleading. My opinion is the second statement is only there to make sure if you are on a 3 year progression, that you will remain on the 3 year progression. If the statement were to be taken out, one could argue everybody regardless of starting date would be on a 4 year progression. Like I said my opinion.
To confuse people, and for give them the yearly raises, too. With both statements in there, the driver will earn a bit more, than it were not in.

Quigley

To confuse people, and for give them the yearly raises, too. With both statements in there, the driver will earn a bit more, than it were not in.

2017 one dollar ($1.00)

Master Agreement shall receive the above contractual increases.

With the above statement in the contract, my questions is whats the purpose for this statement?

upschuck

2017 one dollar ($1.00)

Master Agreement shall receive the above contractual increases.

With the above statement in the contract, my questions is whats the purpose for this statement?
Because if this is all the raise progression guys get, they would be less than their progression rates of 17.25, 18.45, 20.75.