Projected volume way off

Artee

My manager said the other day that 14 hours straight is the limit, so he's probably not going to give out any warning letters.

Also, re: USPS, how do you think first class mail gets overseas? Not on USPS jets. I can't wait until they shut down the USPS and hand it all over to us and UPS.

How do you think Ground packages get to Honolulu? :)

vantexan

My manager said the other day that 14 hours straight is the limit, so he's probably not going to give out any warning letters.

Also, re: USPS, how do you think first class mail gets overseas? Not on USPS jets. I can't wait until they shut down the USPS and hand it all over to us and UPS.
It's actually 14 hrs break and work combined with a minimum 10 hrs off between shifts. 70 hrs max in 6 days I believe but not sure on that one.

SmithBarney

Volume is pretty light... although having the seasonal runners/jumpers was the most excellent idea fedex has come up with in a long time.. we had a rural driver take one out @ $20/hr for 12 hours... hardly used him for anything other than doing the job the driver would normally do(except driving) Then the other drivers who have runners don't know what to do with them, we don't have the stop density that makes using runners a good financial choice...

hypo hanna

Volume is pretty light... although having the seasonal runners/jumpers was the most excellent idea fedex has come up with in a long time.. we had a rural driver take one out @ $20/hr for 12 hours... hardly used him for anything other than doing the job the driver would normally do(except driving) Then the other drivers who have runners don't know what to do with them, we don't have the stop density that makes using runners a good financial choice...
Only situations I see them being useful is for dense residential areas where the reg driver isnt familier with the area, malls and high rise buildings. Anything else and they are an overpaid distraction.

hypo hanna

On second thought, they really wouldn't be useful outside of resi areas. Just dropping them off without constant supervision is just asking for misdeliveries.

Rhoderunner

It's early still folks. The last 5 days, when ground can't get it there by Christmas, you will be wishing for days like this. Enjoy it now. The cluster friend is coming.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Noticed your query at the bottom of your post. I totally believe in myself. Do you believe in Santa?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We were just told at a meeting, while waiting for late freight, that projections for Monday are more than double normal volume. Let the games begin!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Projected volumes = taking a guess

How dare you doubt the projections of our over- paid, all-knowing engineers!:bow:

They have special talents and the best, most modern equipment at their disposal.
image.jpg

Last edited:

overflowed

How dare you doubt the projections of our over- paid, all-knowing engineers!:bow:

They have special talents and the best, most modern equipment at their disposal.
These guys are the biggest waste of money in our station.

They may have had a use at some point, but that boat has sailed. All ours manage to do is start screwing :censored2: up when things start working correctly. I swear they are doing on purpose, so it looks like they're doing something, to keep the job where they don't actually do anything. If they left things running fine they wouldn't have a job.