Promotion in company..hope this isnt a common repeat thread..

No such person

Southern Ct.
I applied in July 06 for a driving position, started as a casual in Oct. and made seniority in Jan 07. I know thats not typical, but it can be done.

SoyFish

After reading this thread I don't think any union dues have been taken out of my first 4 checks...

Dang, do I go to HR and ask them why no dues are being taken out. (I started loading last month)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I applied in July 06 for a driving position, started as a casual in Oct. and made seniority in Jan 07. I know thats not typical, but it can be done.

BBAG wrote the book on fast burning--it sounds like he should add a chapter describing your own success.

Seriously, I'm glad things came quickly for you--keep up the good work.

upsdude

Dues here are 2 hours pay per month for FT. I have no idea of the PT rate.

To a previous post, union dues have nothing to do with health insurance or pension payments.

Last edited:

browniehound

I live in Massachusetts and pay $66 per month in union dues. I happen to think its a bargain. I say this because I look at my union dues this way: the union negotiated a contract in which I get yearly raises and don't have to pay out-of-pocket for health insurance. For $66/month I get union negotiated pay, union protection, health and dental insurance. Its an absolute bargain and its even better than the 28.49 per hour I will be earning August 1st.

The benefits alone are worth the 66 bucks. We all know people paying 5 times that amount for a family plan. We can all come on here and B- and moan about our jobs at UPS, but the more I think about the health benefits I'm recieving for almost nothing, the more I think we should keep our collective mouths shut.

After reading my own thoughts, I find it hard to complain about UPS. Yes, the job is difficult and we all have our own little disagreements with management on how our route should be set-up or who we are forced to help when we are done with our own route.

I just think these are "small potatoes" when you compare it with our overall compensation package. I really believe this!

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I live in Massachusetts and pay $66 per month in union dues. I happen to think its a bargain. I say this because I look at my union dues this way: the union negotiated a contract in which I get yearly raises and don't have to pay out-of-pocket for health insurance. For $66/month I get union negotiated pay, union protection, health and dental insurance. Its an absolute bargain and its even better than the 28.49 per hour I will be earning August 1st.

The benefits alone are worth the 66 bucks. We all know people paying 5 times that amount for a family plan. We can all come on here and B- and moan about our jobs at UPS, but the more I think about the health benefits I'm recieving for almost nothing, the more I think we should keep our collective mouths shut.

After reading my own thoughts, I find it hard to complain about UPS. Yes, the job is difficult and we all have our own little disagreements with management on how our route should be set-up or who we are forced to help when we are done with our own route.

I just think these are "small potatoes" when you compare it with our overall compensation package. I really believe this!

Nothing is ever good enough for the teamsters. I will never vote yes to a contract.