promotion to pt sup background check question

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
How the hell did we hire him in the first place !!!
For a company , who trust no one , the standards are rapidly skipping from previous standards !!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member

At my Hub, they have been scraping under the bottom of the barrel for years, not much of a selection in the workforce these days. We are having trouble getting new drivers because few of the part timers can even qualify. My supervisor told me the other day HR is hiring off the street now.

Gear

Parts on Order
For a company , who trust no one , the standards are rapidly skipping from previous standards !!!

At my Hub, they have been scraping under the bottom of the barrel for years, not much of a selection in the workforce these days. We are having trouble getting new drivers because few of the part timers can even qualify. My supervisor told me the other day HR is hiring off the street now.

The jobs you accepted back when you started were more appealing. Decent wage, benefits, and holidays.

Whats appealing about $10 an hour, no holidays or benefits for a year, add the crappy working hours and all around crappy work environment. Would you accept todays starting UPS job if you were new?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They must be getting really desperate if they are hiring off the street.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Hey guys, I'm new here, I've been working at UPS as a preloader for about 4 months and I was offered to be a pt sup a week and a half ago, I accepted it and I today I asked when I will start and they said that they were still waiting on the background check, I'm curious because a felony auto theft on my record and I was honest and upfront about it when I was hired in the beginning, will it affect my chances to become a pt sup or no? Thanks guys in advance I appreciate it

Only if you plan on stealing a ups truck

wayfair

swollen member
The jobs you accepted back when you started were more appealing. Decent wage, benefits, and holidays.

Whats appealing about $10 an hour, no holidays or benefits for a year, add the crappy working hours and all around crappy work environment. Would you accept todays starting UPS job if you were new?

It's a part time job, not a living wage.

If you have to work a year to get the benefits we get... hell yea, I'd sign up!

El Correcto

god is dead

I took the job when even less was being offered, I think 8.50? I was young and happy not to be working fast food.

Box Ox

We are having trouble getting new drivers because few of the part timers can even qualify.

Not that surprising to me if they have to run ODO while trying to do it. I qualified pre-ORION and couldn't imagine being bounced around by the system while trying to learn the area AND the basics of the job simultaneously. It's bad enough for FT cover drivers trying to run routes in the blind.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Hey guys, I'm new here, I've been working at UPS as a preloader for about 4 months and I was offered to be a pt sup a week and a half ago, I accepted it and I today I asked when I will start and they said that they were still waiting on the background check, I'm curious because a felony auto theft on my record and I was honest and upfront about it when I was hired in the beginning, will it affect my chances to become a pt sup or no? Thanks guys in advance I appreciate it

Only at UPS...This guy gets hired for management with a car theft rap but I get a soda instead of water at the C-Store and I'm stealing time. Fuggin mooks!

Gear

Parts on Order
It's a part time job, not a living wage.

If you have to work a year to get the benefits we get... hell yea, I'd sign up!

I didnt understand the value of good health benefits until I was in my 30s. 19-25 was all about the paycheck and having fun.