Propaganda enclosed with the ballot.

Drink Craft Beer

It had instructions on the ballot. "If you are in favor of this agreement vote YES. If you are not in favor of this agreement vote NO."Simple
The card sent out was to make sure one received their ballet. There was no need to put in the "Vote yes" part......only the last paraghaph was needed on instructions if one hadn't received their ballot yet.

And I can guarantee you that the people who bought your cars found things you did not mention and thought you were conning them because you mentioned only the superficial things and not the important things.

You sound like some of the self-righteous people I worked with who were so full of integrity and were always honest about everything.
They were really good at deceiving themselves ... but they did good as they went on to become Division, District and Region managers at UPS.
Good luck at becoming CEO.
This right here is without a doubt the post of the year as far as I'm concerned. Thankyou Hoak.

browned out

The postcard should have stated Vote YES (1) and we will tell you the complete details of the new health care package after it is too late. My health care plan summary is over 15 pages and is much more detailed than anything the IBT or UPS has provided regarding the new plan. How in the heck is one supposed to make an educated decision without the education. WTF

Moneythehardway

And I can guarantee you that the people who bought your cars found things you did not mention and thought you were conning them because you mentioned only the superficial things and not the important things.

You sound like some of the self-righteous people I worked with who were so full of integrity and were always honest about everything.
They were really good at deceiving themselves ... but they did good as they went on to become Division, District and Region managers at UPS.
Good luck at becoming CEO.

Lol, I guess you'll never fully understand unless you were a fully honest man.

14ups

You're Right I have a video of ken saying not one cent will we pay for our benefits And I will make sure I post a copy of that video on YouTube When he's running for reelection just to prove what a liar he is The Teamsters are losing face with their membership on the West Coast Great contract I guess you could say I get my hundred dollars worth the union dues Let's make sure we send them back to the working class If the C6 plan is so good why aren't the local officials on that same plan This is the kind of representation That caused Frito-Lay drivers to leave the Teamsters

stink219

You're Right I have a video of ken saying not one cent will we pay for our benefits And I will make sure I post a copy of that video on YouTube When he's running for reelection just to prove what a liar he is The Teamsters are losing face with their membership on the West Coast Great contract I guess you could say I get my hundred dollars worth the union dues Let's make sure we send them back to the working class If the C6 plan is so good why aren't the local officials on that same plan This is the kind of representation That caused Frito-Lay drivers to leave the Teamsters
So how much are they taking out of your check every week?

ups clerk

I agree that the postcard was not necessary and borders on the inappropriate. The IBT has mentioned numerous times that the contract was "Unanimously Accepted" in a variety of previous mailings. Voting is a private matter and the IBT went a little far by the way they worded their statement (as written above). Just another unnecessary and costly mailing. If only they would have put more time in getting the return address CORRECT....

This postcard leads to me believe that the IBT is desperate to get this contract ratified.... Simply put the information out there and let US....each and every one of us.... decide whether we like or dislike the contract enough to ratify it or reject it. Desperation is a sign of weakness....or that the benefactor of this contract is someone other than we...the UPS members of the bargaining unit...

This is from makeupsdeliver.com
Now management is in on the act.Managers held captive audience meetings and one-on-ones to push a yes vote.
Management also illegally told Teamsters they could not say “vote no” while on the clock. (This violates the National Labor Relations Act which prohibits management from excluding union-related speech. If a worker can say “happy birthday” or “Go Miami Heat” while on the clock then they can legally say “vote no” and it is illegal for management to tell them to stop.)
NOW THAT IS SHADY AND BORDERS ON ILLEGAL, WHEN MANAGEMENT IS USING STRONG ARM TO MAKE HOURLIES VOTE YES ON THE CONTRACT

UPS Preloader

This is from makeupsdeliver.com
Now management is in on the act.Managers held captive audience meetings and one-on-ones to push a yes vote.
Management also illegally told Teamsters they could not say “vote no” while on the clock. (This violates the National Labor Relations Act which prohibits management from excluding union-related speech. If a worker can say “happy birthday” or “Go Miami Heat” while on the clock then they can legally say “vote no” and it is illegal for management to tell them to stop.)
NOW THAT IS SHADY AND BORDERS ON ILLEGAL, WHEN MANAGEMENT IS USING STRONG ARM TO MAKE HOURLIES VOTE YES ON THE CONTRACT

Seems to me they are laying the ground work to file a complaint with the NLRB should the TA pass.

14ups

All the urging between the union and the company to vote yes on this contract Should show you that they're both in bed together And that they only look out for their own interests In other words I expect the company to do that to me my problem is when I'm paying the union over $100 a month to put a knife in my back and then tell me it's a good deal Then they tell me the cost of Medical is going up because of Obamacare Wasn't it the union's flier that was sent to the house Asking you to support that idiot That's enough proof For me to realize they don't know what they're doing any longer Time to make California right to work state and apply my hundred dollars towards my increasing medical costs hall you came to contract meeting in Oakland California and you point-blank lied to everybody there when you said not one cent For your medical benefits We will not forget

14ups

When I asked a question When it comes to this medical plan it's $.50 $.50 a dollar between health and welfare and your pension and if it cost more than $.50 a take it from your pension Now what happens when the insurance company does a rate increase and it exceeds that dollar combined between pension and health and welfare The company plan while we were under it covered those increases So what can happen is now you will have nothing going into your pension and you will still be paying Out of your paycheck for it if the insurance Company does a rate Increase because the union is not going to absorb that cost at least they haven't committed to And if they're not gonna take it out of your paycheck are they going to take more then the dollar out of your pension per hour to cover the medical costs In other words you can kiss the Golden 80 goodbye Good luck at 62 trying to do 200+ stops Thanks union For preserving our ability to retire

14ups

Why couldn't the union have moved more money from the hourly wage to cover medical and pension so that we can still retire The Answer to that question is they don't get a raise and less are wages go up So it looks like they put the wages up so that they could get a raise over your care your medical plan and Your pension plan In other words union first member second Don't forget when you retire you Can only earn a set amount of money with the second job when you retire Otherwise you cannot collect your retirement benefit And now you're going to have less money Going into your pension plan Because the union but the bulk of the money in your hourly wage so that they can get a raise

stink219

All the urging between the union and the company to vote yes on this contract Should show you that they're both in bed together And that they only look out for their own interests In other words I expect the company to do that to me my problem is when I'm paying the union over $100 a month to put a knife in my back and then tell me it's a good deal Then they tell me the cost of Medical is going up because of Obamacare Wasn't it the union's flier that was sent to the house Asking you to support that idiot That's enough proof For me to realize they don't know what they're doing any longer Time to make California right to work state and apply my hundred dollars towards my increasing medical costs hall you came to contract meeting in Oakland California and you point-blank lied to everybody there when you said not one cent For your medical benefits We will not forget
Why would the Teamsters and UPS spend all that time in meetings negotiating a contract just to turn around and ask you to vote no? It's like going to the car dealer with your niece, you help her negotiate a great lease term over the course a few hours and then tell her "Don't do it!"

14ups

What you need to ask Yourself Is why Is the union and the company both Think this is a good Contract The union has never pushed so hard in my 26 years of working at UPS To get a contract to go through

MangoMango

What you need to ask Yourself Is why Is the union and the company both Think this is a good Contract The union has never pushed so hard in my 26 years of working at UPS To get a contract to go through

Because they are both trying to screw us over. Anything less than what we have now means we are giving in to both of them!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Why would the Teamsters and UPS spend all that time in meetings negotiating a contract just to turn around and ask you to vote no? It's like going to the car dealer with your niece, you help her negotiate a great lease term over the course a few hours and then tell her "Don't do it!"

That makes a lot of sense!

Is that really you Stink? :wink2:

bogeyball

Is there an ethical obligation for the teamsters to leave propaganda out of the ballot envelope? There was no equal opportunity for those who would have used the platform to explain the other points of the contract TA and why one might vote NO.

Got another post card today. It reads: "If you have your ballot, vote YES now to ratify the Proposed Agreements..........." It does not say vote NO no now to reject the proposed agreements.

I think there may be some legal ramifications or penalties for the blatant omissions by the Teamsters. One would think they would be required to show the down side or concessions of the TA.

That's just silly, IMO.

​You think Obama should have been required to include all the down side repercussions of re-electing him?
Now that's funny.... I believe that we are seeing the down side repercussions of re-electing Barry.
This TA is just the beginning. Get real!
It's a no vote for both.... :mad: