Proper sick call

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Give name. Say, "I am using one of my contractual sick days". Then hang up.

Some of us don't have "contractual sick days", but the concept is sound. I say "this is Dizzee, I won't be in today. I will be in tomorrow". Sometimes they ask why, usually they don't. :sick:

bluehdmc

I've tried the "not feeling well" and have gotten such a hard time, I usually say "my stomach bothers me", then if they want details I'll tell them I can't stay out of bathroom.
Was told by union BA that the "HIPA" act is supposed to prevent them from asking those kind of questions, as it relates to your privacy. Was thinking about saying I had AIDS, or cancer or something to shut them up, but don't want to jinx myself

tieguy

Banned
yep. . . .I had this happen to me back when I was in packages. I called and told them I wouldn't be in. They told me to come in. I hung up the phone and rolled over and went back to sleep. Next day I came to work and all I can tell you is that I was real close to quiting and then beating the tar out of the on road sup and would have done it in front of the whole center at the PCM for the hassle I got. I don't know what he didn't understand about my telling him I wasn't coming in.

FOR ANYONE IN MANAGEMENT THAT IS READING THIS . . . . . A SICK CALL OUT IS NOT A NEGOTIATION, ITS A COURTESY CALL TO YOU SO YOU CAN MAKE OTHER ARRANGEMENTS. THE ALTERNATIVE TO THIS IS A NO CALL NO SHOW. Which would yo prefer?

The point is it often is a negotiation. Many people your buddies call and say I'm not feeling real good can I get off. You then say I'm tight or I need you and they come in.

What you should do is tell your friends looking for days off to not try to negotiate by saying they are or might be sick.

tieguy

Banned
The last time I called in sick, I was very graphic with the description of my symptoms. I gave all the the gory details to my center manager. I spared nothing. Sizes, colors, textures, smells, sounds - nothing was held back.:sick: I'm sure that after I was finished, he went home sick.:happy-very:

roflmao. I might have wiped the phone off after that call. :happy-very:
thats the other side of the "negotiations" that take place. I don't need a full discription. Some people will go overboard telling me why they are sick and can't come to work. I don't need all that if you have a good attendance record then I'm not going to say much.

fethrs

I've got you all beat, I don't even need to call anymore, I can text my sup and say "I wont be in today".

get so many days off without getting in trouble it's not funny, though I did get written up last year, too many missed Mondays, football season and Mondays, not good for work.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I've got you all beat, I don't even need to call anymore, I can text my sup and say "I wont be in today".

get so many days off without getting in trouble it's not funny, though I did get written up last year, too many missed Mondays, football season and Mondays, not good for work.
LOL Fethr, I can text my sup too. I usually don't.

FOOTBALL we are communicating tonight during the game right. GO AZ!!!!!!!:footballplayer:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Don't worry, I won't. The peeing one is getting pretty annoying. Especially when you see it several times in the same thread. It's like some kind of bizarre synchronized Las Vegas fountain. :dissapointed:
It's not to bad Dizzee if you haven't been drinking. Don't watch it if you have been drinking.:sick:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
i always say im throwing up or ive been throwing up all night or something

they wouldnt want me puking in the yard while im pissing in it now would they?
:sick:

This actually happened...

Me - Hey, this is so-and-so. I won't be in, I'm not feeling well.

Did you mean So-So?

3112735224_98a081a22e.jpg

It's not to bad Dizzee if you haven't been drinking. Don't watch it if you have been drinking.:sick:
Especially apple juice.:sick:

tieguy

Banned

If Dizzees avatar of you is accurate then I can understand why your sup wants to see you at work everyday.:happy-very:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Provided your attendance record is not a problem, simply call in and say you will not be in.
You are not required to give a reason, nor does your manager need to validate it.
If you feel pressed to give a reason, personal business is always a good one that is vague and can't be questioned.
If you claim to be sick, and aren't, makes you dishonest opening yourself up to a contractual violation.
Do yourself a favor and don't put yourself in that position.

tieguy

Banned
Provided your attendance record is not a problem, simply call in and say you will not be in.
You are not required to give a reason, nor does your manager need to validate it.
If you feel pressed to give a reason, personal business is always a good one that is vague and can't be questioned.
If you claim to be sick, and aren't, makes you dishonest opening yourself up to a contractual violation.
Do yourself a favor and don't put yourself in that position.

I don't know how the company could ever prove you weren't feeling sick that day.

Unless someone sees you on the golf course after you call out.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I am constantly mystified at junior employees who allow themselves to be bullied into working sick. I wonder if this strategy will prove to be a real 'stepped on the rake and it hit me in the face' move when a center manager or oncar pushes an employee with swine flu to get on into work and wipes out half the the crew, including mgmt. What then?
If you take the defensive stance when calling in sick, you are INVITING them to bargain you out of your poker chips. Tell them you are not coming in because you are sick, and MEAN it. You will make their job easier too. If they feel it is pointless to continue talking, they won't. The end.