Property Rights and Racism: ReFraming the Question

wkmac

All taking place inside a privately owned business on privately owned property.

1) Should an African American Restaurant owner have the right to refuse service to a KKK member dressed in robe?

2) Should a jewish owner have the right to refuse service to an avowed neo-nazi dressed in nazi uniform?

3) Should Rachel Maddow, an openly gay indivivdual, have the right to refuse service to a bunch of Westboro Baptist Church folks?

Property Rights and Racism

island1fox

Of course there is not a FEDERAL LAW covering this very area.

Oh --I almost forgot ---whatever Law is on the Books that has been passed in a Defined Legal system ----The Attorney General ALONE will decide what laws will be enforced and what laws will be ignored.

Of course the left thinks this is great --but it is only a moment in time --what comes around goes around.

Personally Democrat or Republican --whatever ---there is real and present danger here !! Unless you would like to live under a KING or Dictator !!

island1fox

1) Should an African American Restaurant owner have the right to refuse service to a KKK member dressed in robe?

2) Should a jewish owner have the right to refuse service to an avowed neo-nazi dressed in nazi uniform?

3) Should Rachel Maddow, an openly gay indivivdual, have the right to refuse service to a bunch of Westboro Baptist Church folks?

wkmac,

Thought provoking Post ---some -not all --may come the conclusion ---that no Law or System is "Perfect"

wkmac

wkmac,

Thought provoking Post ---some -not all --may come the conclusion ---that no Law or System is "Perfect"

None is and that is why the best solution is to allow people themselves to form their own relationships and institutions that best suits their needs and situation at their level locally and maybe even at the neighborhood or community level. IMO doing so would in effect completely tear down the entire existing order, political, economic, social as we know it but it's coming down anyway at some point so best to do so on our terms now and not on theirs later.

As to the events of Arizona, I'll say this. I was asked by a co-worker what I thought of the recent events in Arizona. I support ole' Bob (see below) here if he wants to direct these 2 out the door. On the other hand, if Bob were smart, he'd make them a great cake, earn their future business and take their money. Getting to know Bob and enjoying his cakes just might get them to take off those robes while Bob's bank account grows from the result. Funny how a freed market can work that way.

On the flipside, why would you want to fatten the bank account/give business too someone who not only doesn't share your views but detests your very existence? I'd think starving them to death would be a good thing from that POV.

The individual has the right to his/her beliefs, even the repugnant ones and as long as your legs aren't broken as a result of those beliefs, you need to get the "friend### over it!"

bbsam

Staff member

Yes, yes, and no but probably soon after they arrive.

bbsam

Staff member
It's all about history. I think alot of white business owners would refuse to serve Klansmen and neo Nazis. Such displays are preemptively offensive in a VIOLENT sense. They speak of hatred, intolerance, and what a large part of America has come to view as "evil". The difference in Arizona with gay individuals and businesses is this: does anyone really believe that the gay community is out to violently (or any other way) destroy a group of people? Are the gays coming to slap us into submission? It's really a ludicrous analogy.

Overpaid Union Thug

1) Yes, if they feel that the KKK members presence detracts from the safety, welfare, and well-being of other patrons and the restaurant itself.

2) Yes, same as ^^^^^

3) What service does Rachel Maddow provide?

wkmac

1) Yes, if they feel that the KKK members presence detracts from the safety, welfare, and well-being of other patrons and the restaurant itself.

2) Yes, same as ^^^^^

3) What service does Rachel Maddow provide?

NO! NO! NO! You just had to ask, you just had to ask! :wink-very:

OK Rachel does Striper Fish so there's something good there somewhere.

island1fox

If someone did not want to bake me a cake and take my money --I would go elsewhere.

Why force them ??--when they will just piss in the batter !!!:oops:

bbsam

Staff member
If someone did not want to bake me a cake and take my money --I would go elsewhere.

Why force them ??--when they will just piss in the batter !!!:oops:
If you walk into a bakery with a swastika on or KKK garb, aren't you asking for pee in you batter?

island1fox

bbsam,

All good examples.

Everyone makes a big deal about someone who does not want to make a wedding cake for Gays.

If I were gay I would not give them my business -- plus as I previously mentioned-- if you forced anyone for whatever reason to bake you a cake. -- would you eat it ?