Proposals for the next contract.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
How bout full day pay for weather early days or state of emergency. Being in my personal opinion that 5 sick days and 5 optional days are nothing in the grand scheme of things when you work 5 days a week most of the year and get whooped like a dogg everyday. Would be different if you worked at a normal job and didn't get whooped like a dogg everyday and got home at a normal time, but your home late as balls every night where your day is gone and you don't have time to do jack shiznitt when you get off.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
How bout the option of working 4- 10 hour days. How bout your not forced to take a lunch break and you get paid for it if you don't take it.

Island

I'd like more option time. I've heard some other regions have a lot more than mine.
I'd also like more frequent bidding, even for stuff that isn't available. Because the company doesn't manage its paperwork right and we are capable of making them handle it a little better.

More seriously, I'd like more ironclad language about creating new jobs. For every 40 hours of overtime worked by drivers in one center in one week, the company has to add one cover driver the following week to create a route to pull off that overtime volume. And naturally create more routes and ft driving jobs if there's 50 hours of overtime being worked weekly for six months straight. I dunno if your supplements and riders say stuff like that but mine doesn't. And the same language could be applied to every other shift and job.

And I totally could imagine a "appearance policy allows for a short, well-kept beard" article.

RolloTony Brown Town

I actually like the beard idea. I'm in management so I'll never be able to have one, but it shouldn't matter for the employees IMO. Every suggestion I just read is a concession made by the company. What concessions will you allow as teamsters to have ironclad language for creating more ft jobs, or being able to have a beard?

Sent using BrownCafe App

How bout the option of working 4- 10 hour days. How bout your not forced to take a lunch break and you get paid for it if you don't take it.
We get paid for hours worked (no lunch means no lunch taken out) but no lunch is against state law. I took a 15 min lunch a couple weeks ago. Nobody said anything. 10 years ago I would have been disciplined for not taking at least 30 min.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
How bout full day pay for weather early days or state of emergency. Being in my personal opinion that 5 sick days and 5 optional days are nothing in the grand scheme of things when you work 5 days a week most of the year and get whooped like a dogg everyday. Would be different if you worked at a normal job and didn't get whooped like a dogg everyday and got home at a normal time, but your home late as balls every night where your day is gone and you don't have time to do jack shiznitt when you get off.
I would like some type of hazard pay like double time if under. State of emergency.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I'm glad not to have a beard. I can Go 3-4 days. Before I go nuts itching.

Contract wise. 8hr days only. Unless employee requests more.

More option days

Vacation days based on actual years of service. Not seniority date.

Island

Every suggestion I just read is a concession made by the company. What concessions will you allow as teamsters to have ironclad language for creating more ft jobs, or being able to have a beard?
Let me sarcastically suggest we continue to screw the pters.
Actually I disagree with the idea of givebacks. The company continues to make progressively more profit yearly, by leaps and bounds, and I'm certain that if I were Hoffa I could have my accountant team figure out the percentage increase from year to year and what sort of 9.5 or number of routes language would mean increasing their staffing costs by the same percentage. Giveback my ****

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Fulltime
I'm glad not to have a beard. I can Go 3-4 days. Before I go nuts itching.

Contract wise. 8hr days only. Unless employee requests more.

More option days

Vacation days based on actual years of service. Not seniority date.[/
quote]

Full time only from part time ranks. Part time to cover to full time

How about ----separated contracts for part time and full time? That way either would blame the other for selling out each other