pros and cons of having a training route as your daily bid route

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Does anyone on here have a training route as your daily run??? How do you like that and what have been some of the pros and cons of that situation?

just_a_number

coldworld:889991 said:
Does anyone on here have a training route as your daily run??? How do you like that and what have been some of the pros and cons of that situation?
I have one...10 yrs to finally have my name next to a route...pros...im on it from Jan to June....cons....June till end of December casuals get it...y not train the casual to b more versatile...but no instead displace a guy ten years deep to let some low Rankin haven't earned their stripes yet off the street or in my case a preloader to my route...makes no friend-ing sense to me...but then again nothin this circus act of a company we work for does...sorry....end of rant...time to go take my meds to get ready for another fabulous day at the office

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I've bid training routes a couple times (we bid every year), I only did it when I was pretty sure that they wouldn't be putting on any trainees that year. There is no real pro to it other than it might be a nice route which was the case with the ones I bid, the con is obvious.

brownedout

Pros: Being able to come off the route whenever I wanted to to suit my needs.

Cons: Having to come off the route whenever they needed me to to suit their needs.

Cementups

Box Monkey
My route is a training route but fortunately for me I only know two routes in my center and the guy who has my old route isn't off consistently enough to move me to that one for weeks at a time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My center used to have just one training route. Prior to our most recent bid cycle they established one training route per loop. These are the routes that are normally the first to be cut on Mondays. The rules regarding training routes were clearly spelled out on the bid sheet.

menotyou

bella amicizia
If we have a training route, it's news to me. I thought you just got trained on your route. Unless you cover, then they hand you a sandwich and a map.