Protect & Serve

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
My grandfather told me of a book of fiction that he read, that he couldn't remember the name of and I myself have always wanted to read.

The story was, after the welfare state created more recipients than contributors, when the contributors rebelled against the state, they were then made slaves and forced to contribute.

I am not a conspiracy minded person. But maybe the government is keeping the police fat and happy on purpose. Because once the possible (probably more like inevitable) police state is finally secured, the state will have the people they need who will be loyal.

And willingly crush their friends and neighbors who disobey.

Hmm, wouldn't it be ironic if it turned out N.W.A was right and we should eventually just say "@#$% tha police" :surprised:??

P.S. I just watched your Red Pill link. I got a kick out of the free range chickens still winding up as a box of McNuggets :happy-very:. Ain't it the truth :dissapointed:!

wkmac

My grandfather told me of a book of fiction that he read, that he couldn't remember the name of and I myself have always wanted to read.

The story was, after the welfare state created more recipients than contributors, when the contributors rebelled against the state, they were then made slaves and forced to contribute.

I am not a conspiracy minded person. But maybe the government is keeping the police fat and happy on purpose. Because once the possible (probably more like inevitable) police state is finally secured, the state will have the people they need who will be loyal.

Hmm, wouldn't it be ironic if it turned out N.W.A was right and we should eventually just say "@#$% tha police" :surprised:??

P.S. I just watched your Red Pill link. I got a kick out of the free range chickens still winding up as a box of McNuggets :happy-very:. Ain't it the truth :dissapointed:!

Molyneux did 5 parts to the Statism is Dead on Youtube as the one you saw was Pt. 3. Checkout the other 4 if you get a chance.

As for "The story was, after the welfare state created more recipients than contributors, when the contributors rebelled against the state, they were then made slaves and forced to contribute."

I don't think that's fiction anymore!

IRS+agent+Donald+Duck.jpg

Just try not paying and see what happens!
:happy-very:

Catatonic

Nine Lives

It's much easier to be a non-contributor than a contributor.
How does the state know the difference between someone who could be a contributor and those who can't.

Of course, we now have "hate crimes" which sort of does the same thing.

This was circulating the internet:

Let me see IF WE UNDERSTAND all of this...

If you cross the North Korean border illegally you get 12 years hard labor......

If you go into China illegally, you're considered a spy and get hard prison time......

If you go into Germany illegally, you get a hefty fine, work it off or pay it off, then deported........

If you go into England illegally, you are immediately jailed and deported.........

If you cross the Iranian border illegally you are detained indefinitely....

But, if you cross the U.S. border illegally you get . . . . . . . . . . .

1. a drivers license
2. A social security card
3. welfare
4. food stamps , and
5. free health care???

I Guess I still don't understand....maybe we need to vote our lawmakers out!!!!

Let's go green... !!!!!!
Recycle congress

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
Protecting property, even protecting the collective property we all own as citizens of this country, is so passé.

We have a military that protects our borders by constantly being outside of them. We have police who are being relegated to the position of revenue collector.

Isn't it awesome that our elected leaders still feel that allowing as much legal and illegal immigrants in as possible is still desirable even with real world unemployment numbers of close to 20%?

They do it because they care...about suppressing wages and increasing corporate profits!

wkmac

Protecting property, even protecting the collective property we all own as citizens of this country, is so passé.

We have a military that protects our borders by constantly being outside of them. We have police who are being relegated to the position of revenue collector.

Isn't it awesome that our elected leaders still feel that allowing as much legal and illegal immigrants in as possible is still desirable even with real world unemployment numbers of close to 20%?

They do it because they care...about suppressing wages and increasing corporate profits!

The belief that society couldn't be defended without a government also assumes that government does, indeed, protect the society over which it rules. But when it is realized that government really has nothing except what it takes by force from its citizens, it becomes obvious that the government can't possibly protect the people, because it doesn't have the resources to do so. In fact, government, without the citizens on whom it parasitizes, couldn't even protect itself!

Throughout history, people have been talked into submitting to the tyrannies of their governments because, they were told, their government was vitally necessary to protect them from the even more terrible depredations of other governments. The governments, having put over this bit of propaganda, then proceeded to cajole and coerce their citizens into protecting them!

Governments never defend their citizens; they can't. What they do is make the citizens defend them, usually after their stupid and imperialistic policies have aggravated or threatened another government to the point of armed conflict. Governmental protection against foreign aggression is a myth (but a myth which, sad to say, most people actually believe in).

Government can't defend its citizens, and it is foolish and sacrificial for the citizens to defend a coercive monopoly which not only enslaves them but makes a practice of provoking conflicts with other coercive monopolies – i.e., with other governments. In the matter of foreign aggression, government is far more of a liability than an asset, and people would be much better off with a free-market system of defense.

source: The Market for Liberty, Chapter 13

You might find this of interest!

diesel96

But, if you cross the U.S. border illegally you get . . . . . . . . . . .

1. a drivers license
2. A social security card
3. welfare
4. food stamps , and
5. free health care???
6. Ulmtd access to buy American Guns.....and smuggle them across the border to kill thousands of Mexican officials and rival gang members...

7. A job..... replacing a more expensive American worker....of course contributing to the shrinkage and seperation of the working class to the Rich class

8. To clean houses.... of Conservative leaning households who oppose illegals entering this country

9. To mow the lawn...of Conservative leaning households who oppose illegals entering this country

10. Illegals (approx 3/4--to 2/3's) do contribute Billions to Fed tax revenue....(those on the books) even SS and Medicare who will never use the entitlements.

I'm all for keeping our borders in check, but with what military or Nat'l Guard who isn't already over in the Middle East kicking A s s as the World's Police Intervention force. Unfortuntely at the whim of our past Neo-Con Gov't's lackluster foreign policy initiatives.....(continued By the current President, which those on the right approve, but still criticize Obama by quoting "mad-man" Cheney's comments of "Dithering")

tieguy

Banned

6. Ulmtd access to buy American Guns.....and smuggle them across the border to kill thousands of Mexican officials and rival gang members...

7. A job..... replacing a more expensive American worker....of course contributing to the shrinkage and seperation of the working class to the Rich class

8. To clean houses.... of Conservative leaning households who oppose illegals entering this country

9. To mow the lawn...of Conservative leaning households who oppose illegals entering this country

10. Illegals (approx 3/4--to 2/3's) do contribute Billions to Fed tax revenue....(those on the books) even SS and Medicare who will never use the entitlements.

I'm all for keeping our borders in check, but with what military or Nat'l Guard who isn't already over in the Middle East kicking A s s as the World's Police Intervention force. Unfortuntely at the whim of our past Neo-Con Gov't's lackluster foreign policy initiatives.....(continued By the current President, which those on the right approve, but still criticize Obama by quoting "mad-man" Cheney's comments of "Dithering")

Should I be worried about what may be going on in the world or what may be going on in peoples minds?

Babagounj

Strength through joy

11. the ability to protest against this government's treatment of border jumpers by demanding that they give you all the rights associated with what a citizen expects.

diesel96

Should I be worried about what may be going on in the world or what may be going on in peoples minds?

Worry about taking care of your ticker, eat right, plenty of quality grade omega 3, coral calicium regiment, and plenty of vitamin D (sunlight). It will add 15 years to your life and keep you disease free.....:peaceful: so you won't use up your IRA/UPS stock on healthcare bills before medicare kick's in.....

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
Just take solace in knowing that no matter what we think, the government, and the corporations that control said government, are going to do exactly what they want to do.

Regardless of how much we discuss these issues on this here forum. We have no power. Even our power to vote is a sham when all you really get to pick from is the candidates the elites want us to choose. Do you really think they care Obama won? Of course not! McCain, Obama, it does not matter. Same difference.

I'll leave you with this passage from one of my favorite movies, Network...it explains where the real power in our little piece of the universe resides...and it ain't with the Democrats and the Republicans:

Arthur Jensen: [bellowing] You have meddled with the primal forces of nature, Mr. Beale, and I won't have it! Is that clear? You think you've merely stopped a business deal. That is not the case! The Arabs have taken billions of dollars out of this country, and now they must put it back! It is ebb and flow, tidal gravity! It is ecological balance! You are an old man who thinks in terms of nations and peoples. There are no nations. There are no peoples. There are no Russians. There are no Arabs. There are no third worlds. There is no West. There is only one holistic system of systems, one vast and immane, interwoven, interacting, multivariate, multinational dominion of dollars. Petro-dollars, electro-dollars, multi-dollars, reichmarks, rins, rubles, pounds, and shekels. It is the international system of currency which determines the totality of life on this planet. That is the natural order of things today. That is the atomic and subatomic and galactic structure of things today! And YOU have meddled with the primal forces of nature, and YOU...WILL...ATONE!
Arthur Jensen: [calmly] Am I getting through to you, Mr. Beale? You get up on your little twenty-one inch screen and howl about America and democracy. There is no America. There is no democracy. There is only IBM, and ITT, and AT&T, and DuPont, Dow, Union Carbide, and Exxon. Those *are* the nations of the world today. What do you think the Russians talk about in their councils of state, Karl Marx? They get out their linear programming charts, statistical decision theories, minimax solutions, and compute the price-cost probabilities of their transactions and investments, just like we do. We no longer live in a world of nations and ideologies, Mr. Beale. The world is a college of corporations, inexorably determined by the immutable bylaws of business. The world is a business, Mr. Beale. It has been since man crawled out of the slime. And our children will live, Mr. Beale, to see that . . . perfect world . . . in which there's no war or famine, oppression or brutality. One vast and ecumenical holding company, for whom all men will work to serve a common profit, in which all men will hold a share of stock. All necessities provided, all anxieties tranquilized, all boredom amused. And I have chosen you, Mr. Beale, to preach this evangel.

wkmac

Just take solace in knowing that no matter what we think, the government, and the corporations that control said government, are going to do exactly what they want to do.

Regardless of how much we discuss these issues on this here forum. We have no power. Even our power to vote is a sham when all you really get to pick from is the candidates the elites want us to choose. Do you really think they care Obama won? Of course not! McCain, Obama, it does not matter. Same difference.

I'll leave you with this passage from one of my favorite movies, Network...it explains where the real power in our little piece of the universe resides...and it ain't with the Democrats and the Republicans:

You gotta like George's thinking!

He's surely missed.

bbsam

Staff member
It's much easier to be a non-contributor than a contributor.
How does the state know the difference between someone who could be a contributor and those who can't.

Of course, we now have "hate crimes" which sort of does the same thing.
The contributors will have jobs and the noncontributors will be those on Social Security, unless of course they have a good amount of purchasing power.