Protecting Yourself From Brown's Numbers Game

satellitedriver

Wear and tear on another car.

Ha, ha !!!!!!!!
Precisely the mentality to negate the cost of the wear and tear on the driver, does not enter into the equation.
The car is more important than the "total" economic cost off doing business with less cars on road.
One does not have to have a Masters Degree from Wharton to calculated the economic variables.
I could easily show a mathematical formula based on sound economic theory, but I will not.
I need to get to sleep, so that my employer can needlessly pay me 3hrs of OT, at the rate of $45 per hour tomorrow.

.....maybe so but we didn't have to answer to Wall Street before the IPO.
Prior to the IPO the Good 'ol Boys Club, OPPS!, I mean the Board of Directors called the shots and every time they sneezed the stock split like rabbits.
If what you say is true can you tell me where my millions upon millions of dollars worth of company stock is that I acquired when I hypo' ed my soul, my wife, my kids, my cars, my homes and any recyclable cans I found along the highway? Thanks.

Personally I never gave a damn for the Board of Directors. I doubt you will ever see another stock split in your lifetime as there is too many shares outstanding! So are you saying you hypo'ed stock to buy more stock...in that case you should have been using your dividends to pay off the hypo...otherwise please explain your statement.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You should get a new steward. No steward worth anything will accept UPS' SPORH nonsense as legitimate. Go above and talk to your Union business agents.

The BA said I was a fool for not taking action when the company kept wronging me, esp with the SPORH crap and also taking a lunch instead of working it or saving it until in the building after 7pm. However, we all know, if I had filed anything, I would have been DQ'd immediately. BA had nothing to say about that , except wanting to call me a sucker again. Typical Local 25.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Drivers like me, Sober, Scratch, re-raise, upsgrunt, dilli, OI, tooner, Red and some of the other old fogies here are what put the Service in UPS. Call me old school and I will thank you for the compliment.

Let me give you a quick example. Had 2 pkgs for one of my Avon ladies. I was running early and she was getting her kids from school. Tried again later as her house is on my pickups--still not home. Tried a third time as her house is on the way to my drop boxes--she was finally home. Turns out she was sick and couldn't get to the door the 2nd time I was there. Probably took me an extra five minutes total to take care of the customer. I took credit for the first attempt and dup on the next two attempts. Win/win as she got her Avon and I got rid of my only send agains.

It sounds as though you would have made the one attempt and been done with it, which would have been well within the methods. Yet the customer would still be waiting for her Avon.

The funny thing is I am able to combine production and service and could easily run your ass in to the ground without breaking a sweat.

problem is,,the customer ( id say about 95 percent of the time) has no say what company delivers there pkg,, especially if its a big company,, these contracts all go down to who is cheapest,, ive bent over backwards for business to have there corporate office switch to fedex or post office,, and the ex-business customers tell me how much the service sucks,,We are in a diff world now,, no matter how noble it seems the dedicated employee it cant beat the cheapest contract .......its a wallmart mentality

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I can. I will dump stops and run. I don't care. We don't get diciplined for poor customer service or getting complaints. We only get diciplined for failing to maintain production standards. Which is all that matters. Service is contrary to production.

You can get away with murder at UPS if you look good on paper while doing it.

this is the most realistic post regarding the current ups ive seen in awhile...................................we all know this to be true

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
The BA said I was a fool for not taking action when the company kept wronging me, esp with the SPORH crap and also taking a lunch instead of working it or saving it until in the building after 7pm. However, we all know, if I had filed anything, I would have been DQ'd immediately. BA had nothing to say about that , except wanting to call me a sucker again. Typical Local 25.
Didn't you get DQ'd anyways? Next time try to do it by the book and see how it goes.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

Sleeve, that's not necessarily true. I filed on whatever needed to be filed including 9.5's, I was never dq'd. I stood my ground with my BA too. He was not happy with my decision to file 9.5's but he backed me on it.

local804

Yeah, I think those are unwriiten rules.

Going to work is not fun anymore, and no matter what you do it isnt good enough. I know work isnt suppose to be fun, but it isnt suppose to make you nauseous, when you do the best you can, what you have always done, and it is NOT ACCEPTABLE. .
When no one can say what you are doing wrong just fix it. Im not the bully UPS is.

Very good post T

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Nah, they'll just add 30 stops the next time you run it :happy-very:.
They already know what I'm gonna do...
Well I got relegated to a start time of 15 minutes later than everyone else coz I was over an hour late. I get to sleep in. I had a miserable day yesterday. 2 air meets, 25 minutes in building, that we dont get to code off. 1.13 late.
Today I had dead cats in my truck, leaking all over the tobacco for a distributor. Smelled horrible. They came out and got the pkgs, the clerk marked them Ok to go for tomorrow, with embalming fluid , and formaldehyde, all soaked in and dried up. I asked him if anyone happened to tell him what was in the refused damage he was about to open. He said no they did not. I told him. There were also buckets of frogs and rats. Those thank God stayed together. So I will be late again.
I give up, no one cares to ask what happened. I had a late air yesterday because it was on the wheel well and I had no room to move boxes to get it out. And I have no common sense, or logic. How long I been doing this etc? I dont mind being told I am worthless, but it should be done in a respectable manner, with some tact.
So from now on I will just pray for them, and I prayed for me. And I felt much better all day.
Bring it on.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Sounds good to me. When you get lemons make lemonade kinda thing....................
Missing the pcm is huge. I didn't realize how much I disliked them until I no longer had to attend them. Everybody is gone by the time I show up and any management that aren't on the road are upstairs in a meeting getting their asses chewed by the DM for whatever. Most mornings now I can come in, grab my board, get on my truck and leave without talking to a single person. It's made the job infinitely better.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Missing the pcm is huge. I didn't realize how much I disliked them until I no longer had to attend them. Everybody is gone by the time I show up and any management that aren't on the road are upstairs in a meeting getting their asses chewed by the DM for whatever. Most mornings now I can come in, grab my board, get on my truck and leave without talking to a single person. It's made the job infinitely better.

The PCM is intended to be a time when the Sup/center manager gives info and encouragement (plus looks for hang overs):happy-very:
They shouldn't blow it and you shouldn't miss it. Eventually you'll be pulled in and may be pissed because you got used to doing your own thing. Keep cool, because "Nothing good last forever".....

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The PCM is intended to be a time when the Sup/center manager gives info and encouragement (plus looks for hang overs):happy-very:
They shouldn't blow it and you shouldn't miss it. Eventually you'll be pulled in and may be pissed because you got used to doing your own thing. Keep cool, because "Nothing good last forever".....
Well if I time it just right no one sees me, (ninja mode) get in my truck and leave. Now Ill be hanging out at the check in counter, me and the other "bad" guy whos sup told me the guy is so smooth he couldnt gig him for a thing guy. The problem will be, no one can get out til my truck leaves. They will still be trying to wiggle their no power steering truck by my mirrors, when I miraculously appear at 915.
You just cant make this stuff up.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Well if I time it just right no one sees me, (ninja mode) get in my truck and leave. Now Ill be hanging out at the check in counter, me and the other "bad" guy whos sup told me the guy is so smooth he couldnt gig him for a thing guy. The problem will be, no one can get out til my truck leaves. They will still be trying to wiggle their no power steering truck by my mirrors, when I miraculously appear at 915.
You just cant make this stuff up.

What I know about UPS is that as long as something is "working", no change is forthcoming.
It may be painful for a bit, but if your truck's in the way, then something has to change.
I don't know the circumstances, but that is a generic understanding. "Work-arounds" are just that...not normal process.
Can the mirrors be pulled in?
You won't remain a ninja.......Sooner (than later) you'll be asked why you don't attend PCM.
Initiate change and explain why you're doing it!
Your Union / Your Company