Prototype Trucks, where are they now?

Nazzrath

I haven't heard anything lately about the 'Plastic' UPS trucks or the hyrogen/hybrid/electric trucks either. Does anyone here drive one, or was that all UPS marketing?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
awz6fw_ciaa8jbg.jpg_large.jpeg

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We have fully electric trucks, hybrid electric trucks, and hydraulic hybrid trucks in our center. All are in service and being used daily, barring breakdowns. I was personally driving one till a route change.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Nobody in our building wants to use them. We have 3 or 4 of those ugly Isuzu's that sit in the yard and don't move for weeks at a time. Not even the air drivers use them. They're trash.

ViewAskew

My truck is an Isuzu. The truck has been great for tight residential street, but not much else. The higher passenger side mirror brings all sort of new hazards into play.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Nobody in our building wants to use them. We have 3 or 4 of those ugly Isuzu's that sit in the yard and don't move for weeks at a time. Not even the air drivers use them. They're trash.
Had one as a substitute truck once. Fun to drive but impractical for the job. Things were cramped and tight but was nimble and handled well.

FilingBluesFL

If you're ever in a parking lot and it's been sealed with tar and wet from rain, them things do nothing but spin the tires.

OptimusPrime

Don't get me started on Air drivers. Burying good trucks out on the lot, putting the keys in their lockers etc. So they have a sweet ride for 8 stops. While I'm left doing 180 in a dinosaur.