Proud of my management team

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I think it's kind of humorous. They want to make sure you are out of the rich neighborhoods but hey, screw the low income families. It wouldn't surprise me if the manager lived in the rich neighborhood. I don't really care or anything, this is just the first thing that popped in my head.

Future

Victory Ride
This was the first time in over a year that it wasn't friend me Friday. It was nice to have a good day, be in early, and have no injuries / accidents today.
Me also....but I put in a 8hr request .....just to push the envelope! I am sure I will pay dearly next week especially Friday. I do have a secret weapon, having all my body parts replaced with bionics this wk end!

McGee

We had a lot of extra routes today to make sure our guys got back before the kids started heading out. It was actually kind of nice. Guys got home early enough to go out with their kids, the sort ended early, and management was out training seasonals.

I bet there was some number destruction going down, but it's the responsible thing to do. Management brought in some candy for everybody, and everybody was in a good mood. I wish everyday was like this. Happy Team, Happy Friday. Great way to kick off the weekend.

Same here, we were surprised as soon as we walked in the door with candy and told they have a lot of extra routes and want the drivers out of the bldg early, to get them back by trick or treating time, and we were completely done with the sort by 8:35! Heck I was home by 9... Nice! ( even though it's about to get crazy busy...lol)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Come on people. We have extra drivers because of all the casuals they hired for peak! Add to that, few vacations. It's not really heavy yet so, a lot of splits are in. That's why it seems light.

If they were down drivers, does anyone think they would be at all concerned about us being out on Halloween? NO WAY!

watdaflock?

I noticed some majority business routes were extra heavy for a Friday.
Great planning by my managers, 400+ pieces and 60 on a shelf was no problem of course. The driver loves his truck stacked full down the isle.

Added routes my arse.

Overpaid Union Thug

Halloween is the ONLY day of the year I pick up the pace and skip my lunch. I do that to avoid the Halloween madness. I take my "lunch" at the center instead. But not this time. For two years in a row now I was able to take most of my lunch at lunch time and didn't need to rush.

barnyard

KTM rider
Bosses in my center tried that this year. My green light of death went on at 3p, "You need to do these 4 pickups." I still had 30 stops, including a 35 piece delivery that I had to break trace to get rid of. So, I took my break, delivered the 35 piece stop and did the pickups. They sent another driver to take 10 stops off (turned out the other driver was 5 miles closer to the pickups, could have broke trace, picked them up, finished delivering and we would have both been done 30 minutes earlier.) Still delivered my list 10 stops, dodging Halloweeners.

My original plan was to pound off my deliveries, deliver the resi bulk stop and then take my break. I would have gotten all my work done in the daylight and been taking break by about 1700. Adding the pickups added over an hour to my day, plus someone else had to take 10 stops from me.

Gah.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I had an eight hour request that they blew. Fortunately I was out in the country so no trick or treaters.

Dr.Brownz

They cut in extra routes here and my stop count was a good 15 stops below the supposed "minimum" for my route. Didn't matter though, late air screwed everything.

and I'm sure the only reason for this was the two pieces of bad press they have had in the last month. Otherwise it would be business as usual. See if this happens next year.

Last edited:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
They put in extra routes in my building to get everyone in early on Halloween. Of course...they just fuc$$d us to death the rest of the week in order to justify it, and I am sure we will get destroyed on Monday too.

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
Who gives a flying leap about the less advantaged kids, right?

That is what I was thinking when he emphasized "the wealthier communities". Someone with a lot of pull made a request and the local UPS management team honored it. Un believable.

disadvantaged govt. sucking parents of said children pack them in car to deposit them in "wealthier communities"