Proud to be a Teamster

hyena

With all the fighting going on about all the different issues, I know I'm damn proud to be a Teamster. We need to put all the bickering aside and stand together. Who's with me?

hyena

The point of this thread is to bring us together , some are from big centers, and some from smaller ones , let's put politics behind us and unite. Teamsters helping Teamsters. We have to stop the division!

542thruNthru

Sounds good. But I give it 5 minutes till this thread is turned into another argument with both sides saying the exact same thing in multiple threads.

Yes I am proud to be a Teamster! Hope I'm wrong and everyone posts something positive about being one.

hyena

Sounds good. But I give it 5 minutes till this thread is turned into another argument with both sides saying the exact same thing in multiple threads.

Yes I am proud to be a Teamster! Hope I'm wrong and everyone posts something positive about being one.
well lets see what happens...

Ron Carey lives on

Sounds good, selfless union activity starts at your own center. There are a lot of problems that can be solved many rather than a few. The true fight is to save the middle class, Ups has alligned itself with ALEC ( a union busting outfit) so proud of IBT for calling them out on it

Sent using BrownCafe App

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
The point of this thread is to bring us together , some are from big centers, and some from smaller ones , let's put politics behind us and unite. Teamsters helping Teamsters. We have to stop the division!
Impossible to unite now.

We face a major shift in the direction of the future of the Teamsters coming up.

We either stay the course, impose contracts, never threaten to strike and accept concessionary contracts from profitable companies.

Or we grow some balls and change leadership.

How can we possibly unite?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I guess where we can talk about union issues with out calling each other names and arguing. This is where other input comes in.
When ever you talk about a subject, there are always 2 or more sides to it.

And union issues are usually just too important to have a civil conversation about from 2 people on opposite sides.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I don't know didn't make it that far. I know a lot of us disagree on a lot of the politics of the union so I was thinking of something different....
hyena,

Fraternally speaking;

I think the best way to test unity is in the area of safety, especially how injured union members are treated by the company and looked out for by the union.

If we can't be united on justice and fair treatment for our union brothers and sisters who are injured or killed on the job then we might just be a lost cause.

Money means nothing when our fallen brothers and sisters and/or their families are unjustly treated.

Sincerely,
I

The purpose of this reply is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread reply is to discuss this work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in possibly engaging in some concerted activity to bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we will not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers, and/or customers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

I

hyena

When ever you talk about a subject, there are always 2 or more sides to it.

And union issues are usually just too important to have a civil conversation about from 2 people on opposite sides.
I hear you we just got to stop all this Teamster on Teamster crime lmao