Proud to be a Teamster

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
And a tea party republican. Sort of like a Jew being a member of the Nazi party.
I am not a Republican.

I am an Independent conservative.

If you hate Republicans so much, why does the international give 9% of it's political cash to REPUBLICANS?

And how come the international actually endorses some Republicans over Democrats?

Why don't you already know this?

realbrown1

I will not be biting my nose to spite my face. So Tim will not get my vote.
Then just like your local, your guys are going down.

Shouldn't have imposed those contracts.

Shouldn't have forced inferior health care benefits on us.

This has been long OVER DUE.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Then just like your local, your guys are going down.

Shouldn't have imposed those contracts.

Shouldn't have forced inferior health care benefits on us.

This has been long OVER DUE.
My local has been improved since 2006.
You make me giggle. Your "guys" don't even have a full slate. Your guys are counting on current administration members to show hem the ropes. It's flattering they think so highly of Hall.

Ron Carey lives on

Real Brown 9% ? You are bragging about that? Sure DRIVE endorses a few Republicans. They do that because there are couple of Republicans that help us block RTW legislation. Dude you need a crash course on labor friendly politicians

Sent using BrownCafe App

realbrown1

My local has been improved since 2006.
You make me giggle. Your "guys" don't even have a full slate. Your guys are counting on current administration members to show hem the ropes. It's flattering they think so highly of Hall.
That same old song and dance is not working anymore.

No more votes because of a last name.

Tim in 2016.

HBGPreloader

After the recent stunts the union leaders have pulled, I am no longer proud to be a Teamster.

By far, the best tool all Americans have to fight "corporate greed" is their ability to hit corporations in the wallet, either through boycotts or through their ability to strike. This is much more effective than any law, rule or executive order.

So, when the union entered into contract negotiations without the ability to strike, it was as smart as bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Another issue is the union's blind support for obamacare. And, look what it got us. Perhaps our union leaders need to be reminded that the main reason why we support the union is their ability to negotiate our (healthcare) benefits? Supporting obamacare, essentially, gave away a significant portion of their bargaining power.

Finally, the way the union misled us about the healthcare benefits - telling us we should support the plan before we know what's in it. Sound familiar?

I thought the union is supposed to be about raising the living standards for all workers. Not lying to us and forcing some of us down to the levels of others.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Does the type of injury count? At what point does the Union recognize when somebody has stayed past their worth?

The Union allows me to work for UPS but I sure do wonder where all of those monthly payments have gone.
Austin.Was.My.Hero,

Not sure what you mean.

Can you elaborate on what you are saying a little? (Austin please, not the peanut gallery)

It might help in my ability to reply.

Sincerely,
I

Inthegame

Does the Union offer early retirement when senior employees have stayed past their worth?
At the risk of adding clarity to your muddied question, the union has negotiated a variety of retirement options for all employees and makes no differentiation over their "worth", whatever the hell that means.
However, UPS employees are covered by many different Pension plans with specific rules for each plan.
In many plans, if a participant has a disabling injury causing the inability to return to work, benefit reductions are usually lifted, e.g. if a participant's regular unreduced retirement age is 60 and they are disabled at 57, they can retire with benefits earned unreduced at 57.

BTW, I'm damned proud and fortunate to be a Teamster.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1436578777.338762.jpg

At the risk of adding clarity to your muddied question, the union has negotiated a variety of retirement options for all employees and makes no differentiation over their "worth", whatever the hell that means.
However, UPS employees are covered by many different Pension plans with specific rules for each plan.
In many plans, if a participant has a disabling injury causing the inability to return to work, benefit reductions are usually lifted, e.g. if a participant's regular unreduced retirement age is 60 and they are disabled at 57, they can retire with benefits earned unreduced at 57.

BTW, I'm damned proud and fortunate to be a Teamster.
Part of my morning montra/prayers is thanking God for giving me a way to support my family and the Teamsters.