PSA Sirius/xm Radio is giving Serious Discounts On Renewals .Just Call and Complain

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I have a sirius radio but in my truck I stream it all day over my phone connected by bluetooth to my Sharkk boombox and pay $0 per month and $0 per year to Sirius. :D

I bought a lifetime subscription back in December 2005. It's paid for itself 2-3 times over already.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I have a sirius radio but in my truck I stream it all day over my phone connected by bluetooth to my Sharkk boombox and pay $0 per month and $0 per year to Sirius. :D

I bought a lifetime subscription back in December 2005. It's paid for itself 2-3 times over already.
cu

curious what you pay per month for your phone. i dont have a smart phone. how much was the bluetooth and the shark box and the phone. for all that free music........

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
cu

curious what you pay per month for your phone. i dont have a smart phone. how much was the bluetooth and the shark box and the phone. for all that free music........
I pay around $75 a month after tax on Verizon for unlimited data (grandfathered) 500 text messages a month and 450 anytime minutes. Next month I plan to change to Sprint when the new Note 4 comes out where my monthly rate will drop down to $60 a month including unlimited texting, talking and data and we get a 25% UPS discount.

As for the Sharkk boombox, it's awesome. $59+free shipping and it lasts me through an 11 hour day of driving, is rechargeable at night and is loud with really nice sound/built in sub woofer. The boombox is basically just a really nice wireless speaker because the phone talks to it wirelessly via built in bluetooth.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I pay around $75 a month after tax on Verizon for unlimited data (grandfathered) 500 text messages a month and 450 anytime minutes. Next month I plan to change to Sprint when the new Note 4 comes out where my monthly rate will drop down to $60 a month including unlimited texting, talking and data and we get a 25% UPS discount.

As for the Sharkk boombox, it's awesome. $59+free shipping and it lasts me through an 11 hour day of driving, is rechargeable at night and is loud with really nice sound/built in sub woofer. The boombox is basically just a really nice wireless speaker because the phone talks to it wirelessly via built in bluetooth.
Sprint service sucks compared to Verizon. But with that said theres some areas where sprint is good and not horrible. Where im at Sprint absolutely blowz.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Isn't Sirius mostly owned by Howard Stern these days?
Nah, they pay him a lot of money to be there, and they were supposed to give him a huge stock bonus if he brought over x number of subscribers. He recently sued them because he brought over several million people and they decided not to pay him the bonus claiming the subscribers were because of the merger with xm.

I don't listen to him as often now because he only does live shows 2-3 days a week now...and it's only a 4-4.5 hour show now.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Sprint service sucks compared to Verizon. But with that said theres some areas where sprint is good and not horrible. Where im at Sprint absolutely blowz.
I know they have a bad rep, but they've been building out their 4g network and the city I work in is one of the cities they've upgraded so I'm hoping for the best.