PSP vs. Purple Promise

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
How many packages on your truck now are signature required? 2% So a couple people a day will have to go down to Kinkos to get their package. Probably half of them will be happy because they don't have to wait until the next day to get their shipment. The other half will be irritated, but it is such a small amount that it doesn't worry FedEx. Look how many packages a night miss the plane, break open and go missing, get lost, or stolen. Its not 100-200. The numbers would shock you. Don't hear much complaining over that.
The traffic in my area is some of the worst in the nation. I doubt that many people, after sitting in traffic for 30-90 minutes would want I leave their homes to go get a package, if they could just sign the doortag and have the pkg the next day.

You've obviously never worked the counter at a station or ramp. Trust me, they do complain... A lot.

Last edited:

dezguy

The traffic in my area is some of the worst in the nation. I doubt that many people, after sitting in traffic for 30-90 minutes would want I leave their homes to go get a package, if they could just sign the doortag and have the pkg the next day.

You've obviously never worked the counter at a station or ramp. Trust me, they do complain... A lot.
After we first started one attempts, people would call the 1 800 number and bitch up such a storm that our CSRs were begging us to drive across town to the drop off location to grab the package so the customer would shut up. This went on for months before we had a town hall with a talking head from HQ and that was brought up. The CSRs are no longer allowed to ask us to grab the package from the drop off loc and the customer must pick it up there.

Even the white shirt agreed that we are now no different from UPS or Purolator as far as customer service goes.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Speaking of the Purple Promise.... Have any of you heard about how FedEx is now going to stick it to their customers? Apparently, they are testing a one attempt delivery program in Texas, much like UPS' Access Point. Customers will have one chance to get their package. If they're not home on the first attempt with a signature required pkg, the package automatically goes to the closest Kinkos for them to "fetch" it. How's that for customer service?

A year or so after both companies are doing it, everyone will accept it as normal. Just like with anything else.