Psychic Predictions!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Posting things that are "distorted and misleading" at best from a 2008 post off the TDU site does not help your cause.
​Jim Cramer has not said anything about the 2013 TA.

P

pickup

Jim Cramer also said that "Bear Stearns is not in trouble" , a week before its collapse.

P

pickup

He is more of an entertainer than a financial advisor.
​I never take any advice I hear from these TV shows.

I've read three of his books. I thought they had a lot of good general information. "You got screwed" was very blunt and honest and pointed out much of the inherent corruption of the financial system.

SteeltownBrown

Posting things that are "distorted and misleading" at best from a 2008 post off the TDU site does not help your cause.
​Jim Cramer has not said anything about the 2013 TA.

It doesn't matter where the post came from or whether you agree with Cramer or not, the fact is it was the opinion of him and others in the financial community. No one can logically look at the 2013 TA and not conclude that the company gains far more from the agreement than we do.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It doesn't matter where the post came from or whether you agree with Cramer or not, the fact is it was the opinion of him and others in the financial community. No one can logically look at the 2013 TA and not conclude that the company gains far more from the agreement than we do.

It's not whether I agree with him or where it came from.
It was not whether I agreed with you or not.
Your post was deceiving in its references and therefore discredited your expressed opinions.
​You hurt your cause rather than helping it.

SteeltownBrown

I'm afraid that you will need to explain how referencing the opinion of a well known (if not always right) financial advisor as to the effect of our contract on the potential profitability of UPS is deceiving or distorted.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm afraid that you will need to explain how referencing the opinion of a well known (if not always right) financial advisor as to the effect of our contract on the potential profitability of UPS is deceiving or distorted.

I read and researched the OP and discovered that the only place on the internet that google returned was a post on the TDU site that was dated in 2008.
The OP presented the impression that Jim Cramer made this statement about the 2013 TA.
IMO, that is deceiving on the part of the thread's OP.

SteeltownBrown

Since the title of the post was "Psychic Predictions" I think you may have missed the point entirely. If you read the original post I stated "Jim Cramer says Teamsters pantsed by UPS again! (just a repeat of 2008)" I fail to see how you could try to invalidate my opinions by calling them deceitful and discredited. As for TDU, I have no opinion of them one way or the other. I don't necessarily believe everything I am told by them, the Teamsters or UPS. I simply posted a link to the CNBC website. What I have done is read the TA in its entirety. I think this is a prime example of why people need to read this contract proposal very carefully before voting. Language is important.

Last edited:

stink219

I read and researched the OP and discovered that the only place on the internet that google returned was a post on the TDU site that was dated in 2008.
The OP presented the impression that Jim Cramer made this statement about the 2013 TA.
IMO, that is deceiving on the part of the thread's OP.
Really?!!!! You mean that the OP distorted the facts based on TDU information? Nooooo. Say it ain't soooo!!

Seriously though, this is not an isolated incident. Now you know my issue with TDU.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My psychic prediction is that this contract is going to sail through with no problems because most members don't pay much attention to whats going on. They are just happy to see a little raise and the full timers don't care as long as they get a fat check the next week. Health Insurance will continue to get worse in the future. And the Affordable Healthcare Act was supposed to lower cost?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
My psychic prediction is that this contract is going to sail. through with no problems because most members don't pay much attention to whats going on. They are just happy to see a little raise and the full timers don't care as long as they get a fat check the next week. Health Insurance will continue to get worse in the future. And the Affordable Healthcare Act was supposed to lower cost?

Unfortunately you are 100% correct.

SteeltownBrown

Sadly I think so too. I received my Teamster newsletter and was amazed at what was written about the agreement. A whole column of what the company wanted and what we "won". What the company wanted: The sun and the moon. What the Teamsters won: We gave them back the sun.
VICTORY!!!!

A

anonymous6

My psychic prediction is that this contract is going to sail through with no problems because most members don't pay much attention to whats going on. They are just happy to see a little raise and the full timers don't care as long as they get a fat check the next week. Health Insurance will continue to get worse in the future. And the Affordable Healthcare Act was supposed to lower cost?

I have to agree with you. this is very depressing to me because it appears I will have to work 3 more years past my eligible date. you DON'T have to a psychic to see the writing on this wall.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Since the title of the post was "Psychic Predictions" I think you may have missed the point entirely.
I simply posted a link to the CNBC website.

I guess so ... with your explanation I get it.

Did not notice the link so I googled and all that came up was TDU.
The link was hidden pretty well within the sentence - Big Brown Bounces Back
Even after you said there was a link, I had to rollover it before I saw it.

Buck Fifty

I predict these 5 will be exactly like the last 5 years. So everybody needs to grow a set and wash that fear scent off themselves and enjoy the game. Play Well.