PT employee was told that because of future plans with Amazon...

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Considering Amazon is now getting sued about their prime shipping and the people suing are trying to move it to a class action suit this would be a perfect time for UPS and Fed Ex to play there hand and stop giving discounts.
I got an email this morning from Amazon saying when my prime membership renews it is going up from $79 to $99. It won't be renewed.

Amazon takes a loss on their shipping every year. Hell, they take a loss on everything since their founding. They are not a profitable company, they are an idea/concept that Wall Street is too stubborn to give up on.

They are using their grocery delivery concept to experiment with an Amazon owned delivery service. The experiment will fail, and in the end, UPS will continue to make billions.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Amazon is most likely posturing for a better deal. The statement was made by a consultant Amazon was unavailable for comment .It is all bs and it is bad for you. I here the Amazon drones are delivering our retro checks !

Sent using BrownCafe App

Overpaid Union Thug

So, Amazon is planing on replacing UPS/FedEx with their own fleet and will let the USPS take on the rest? I'd laugh at the epic fail that will certainly ensue if I didn't know that it was going to cost many UPSers their jobs. Many of us drivers will have to go back into the hubs or centers we came out of. I can only hope this takes a while to be put together. Maybe I'll have enough driver seniority to avoid the bump back inside.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Conjecture:
".....Amazon has broken the United States into three segments: the top 40 markets which constitute half the population of the states, the next 60 markets by population, and the rest. It’s believed that Amazon is looking to service the first group itself and completely cut out FedEx, UPS, and the USPS though those carriers would continue to service the other segments. Amazon will use its 55 “fulfillment centers” in conjunction with the delivery fleet to service its Amazon Prime subscribers who are guaranteed two day delivery."
http://www.valuewalk.com/2014/03/amazon-roll-private-fleet-delivery-vehicles/

cino321

The industry is changing, and so are retail trends.

Amazons' customers have taken advantage of the prime deal for awhile now. We all knew it wasn't lucrative and affordable for amazon, we just wanted to see how long we could get away with taking advantage of them. Plain and simple. We thought we were getting over, and now we've grown accustomed to the convenience.

I firmly believe people would be willing to pay more than $99 a year for prime if they had the option to use a consistent carrier. This is a tremendous service issue for many people, myself included. "The UPS guy comes when I'm at work. The Fed Ex guy comes in the afternoon. I send all my packages UPS because the UPS guy has the key to my garage. My cousin is a mailman I want everything sent USPS." Each customer has their own unique individual reason for preferring a carrier. It's annoying when you order 3 items and 3 different carriers are delivering your packages at different times throughout the day.

The other issue is the regional messenger services they are using, the last mile delivery. It's a tremendous safety issue. These people are delivering out of their own vehicles frequently, usually without any type of identification, to your front door. You do not know who they are, but yet now they know where you live. Now you're wondering how they have your package. It's a uncomfortable feeling.