PT Hub Supv

DriveAlot

Hello,

I was told by UPS HR that they can hire newbies into supv positions but most likely will have to be part time.
Is this common or realistic?

Or do i 'earn' credit or consideration if I start out as a helper?

Thank you in advance.

​Mike

jaker

trolling
Wow ups is really pushing for some sups , is the word finally getting out that the job sucks

or is it because they took the benefits from them

J

jibbs

Really? How so, the pay? What range does it pay if you know please.

Thanks.

Ever heard the expression **** rolls downhill? With regard to that expression and employment at UPS, part-time supervisors are standing at the bottom of the hill.

The pay is better than a PT package handler would start out making (and likely better than a driver helper would start out with, but that's an assumption on my part). The hours are longer. The stress is amplified to a degree I don't feel comfortable trying to express, and it seems like supervisors are always getting yelled at by their supervisors because they don't yell at the people they supervise enough... or something like that. I don't always understand it all, I tend to block out people screaming around me.

UPSGUY72

Hello,

I was told by UPS HR that they can hire newbies into supv positions but most likely will have to be part time.
Is this common or realistic?

Or do i 'earn' credit or consideration if I start out as a helper?

Thank you in advance.

​Mike

All PT sup are / where newbies. IF they hire you as a SUP it will be PT.

No you won't earn brownie points starting out as a helper however if you a bad helper you can kiss your chances for getting a PT sup goodbye as drivers are ask if at the end of peak if your a keeper or not.

​The only qualification for become a PT SUP in the ability to follow directions and kiss :censored2:.

mixyo

Dispatcher
Ever heard the expression **** rolls downhill? With regard to that expression and employment at UPS, part-time supervisors are standing at the bottom of the hill.

And uphill as well. Not only do pt sups get yelled at by the people above them, they get yelled at by the drivers and loaders as well. Pretty much everyone ****s on the pt sups.

RockinRobin

We are ALL being WATCHED!
Tough position. No matter WHAT happens in your area, it's YOUR fault. Lots of turnover. Lots of short labor issues. Lots of running around all night helping and changing belt chutes and dealing with issues and dealing with upper management.
Yikes.
I'd rather be a rocket-sled test pilot on a short track with a brick wall at the end.
:)

blkmamba

You would start around 15dollars an hour. If you think UPS is going to be a career, do not go into supervision. Like everyone has stated it is a DEAD END job (for the most part) and the stress put upon really does suck. As a former sup, I think I would have stayed a loader, less money but a lot less stress and job security. Ultimately, it is your call but I would only recommend supervision if you see it as a stepping stone/and or resume builder.